The Malaysian Clan started as the Malaysian Squad in September 2008. It is also known as the Jebat Clan. The founding members were Ge'tal Gra'tua and his soulmate Ni'Sya Gra'tua. The squad was based in Penang, and has since moved to the northern state of Kedah, Malaysia. It was amongst the first squads ever formed in the Mandalorian Mercs.
The squad attained Clan status status in July 2009, with Ge'tal Gra'tua being the first Alor'ad. The clan status was conferred upon the as a recognition to the hard work and effort put in by the clan's two members. The clan has been active in promoting Mandalorian Mercs in Penang and all the way down to Kuala Lumpur. Its members have also been featured in several newspaper and magazine articles.
The clan has yet to have any annual events, but had taken part in almost a dozen local and national events from 2008 to the present. These include:
1. Little Penang Street Market, Upper Penang Road, Penang
2. Comic Fiesta '08, Sunway Pyramid, Kuala Lumpur
3. Resurrection III: Rise of the Mandalorians costume exhibition, Tuanku Fauziah Museum & Gallery, USM Penang
4. Movie Carnival '09, Sunway Pyramid, Kuala Lumpur
5. The launch of the Infiniti magazine, Cineleasure Damansara, Selangor
6. The Smart Art and Science Carnival, Tuanku Fauziah Museum & Gallery, USM Penang
7. The Penang Astronomy Convention, USM Penang
Behind the Scenes
The clan got its name from the famed 16th century Malay warrior Hang Jebat, who was very much Mandalorian in nature. He was the brother to Hang Tuah, who was the Admiral of the Fleet and Commander of the Armed Forces of the Malacca Sultanate, prior to the invasion of the Portuguese.
Ge'tal and Ni'Sya have also been accorded the title "First Malaysian Mandalorian Mercs Members" by the Malaysia Book of Records in 2008.