Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Author Topic: Mini Mythosaur Skull Sword  (Read 500 times)

TrooperJasher

• War is hell, and I'm the devil
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
    • TrooperJasher Wares
    • Awards
Mini Mythosaur Skull Sword
« on: Apr 01, 2012, 03:17 PM »
So a few years ago I created a Mythosaur skull long sword the WIP is here http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=24081.msg329299#msg329299
As a Christmas present I was going to make my 7 year old nephew a mini one, but thanks to a time shortage, it didn't get done. So since I have 4 of these lying around, (I am going to finish his for his birthday). I decided I would go ahead and post a WIP for this little project.
I scaled this down from the orginal version, now with this small of a size, I don't think I want to go any smaller. I carved this out by hand, I don't own a router, so this is chisel & elbow grease.

Changes that are happening with this sword:
Different blade shape - though I haven't drawn it out on the wood yet, that is the plan for today.

Different Handle/Grip - As much as I love the engraving in the other handle, I want to try out a rounded design

Check out my sales thread, where you can find helmets, macros, wampa horns and light saber trophies.

TrooperJasher

• War is hell, and I'm the devil
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
    • TrooperJasher Wares
    • Awards
Re: Mini Mythosaur Skull Sword
« Reply #1 on: Apr 12, 2012, 02:41 AM »
So I got some work done, though as you can see in the pictures, the handle has been epoxied with an angle...

unlike my original sword, I am going to fill in some of the holes that are around the face of the skulls. Since I am going to use filler staining it would look like poo, so it will be getting a layer of flat black, with silver and green high lights. I had to ditch the other blade, I now have a new one of red oak.
Check out my sales thread, where you can find helmets, macros, wampa horns and light saber trophies.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!