Forum > Helmets

Dryl's bucket WIP (lots of pics)

<< < (4/8) > >>

CraxyD:
Thanx AF.
I posted these pics in the WIP pic folder on my facebook and Ter-n Solo gave me a few pointers on where to go with it next. I'm not going to touch it before Sunday to give the black plenty of time to cure/set/harden/dry/whatever. I do NOT want to redo the whole kriffing thing again  :P

BobaFiend:

--- Quote from: CraxyD on Mar 16, 2012, 01:05 AM ---I'm not going to touch it before Sunday to give the black plenty of time to cure/set/harden/dry/whatever. I do NOT want to redo the whole kriffing thing again  :P

--- End quote ---

We live and we learn. The cure time on the back of the paint can is not to be questioned :D

CraxyD:

--- Quote from: AnarchoFett on Mar 16, 2012, 02:19 AM ---We live and we learn. The cure time on the back of the paint can is not to be questioned :D

--- End quote ---

Amen there vod

TrooperJasher:
That effect could have been caused by using 2 different types of paint, like mix Krylon & Rustoleum. I stick with the good old Krylon, (mostly because it's a tad bit cheaper). I have also encountered this effect when my tape didn't stick completely.

The second paint job looks great though.  8)

CraxyD:

--- Quote from: TrooperJasher on Mar 17, 2012, 02:27 AM ---That effect could have been caused by using 2 different types of paint, like mix Krylon & Rustoleum. I stick with the good old Krylon, (mostly because it's a tad bit cheaper). I have also encountered this effect when my tape didn't stick completely.

The second paint job looks great though.  8)

--- End quote ---

Krylon satin finish aluminum and Rustoleum flat black was a good part of the kriff up. The Krylon and cheap shebsed Walmart paint work well together though.
Thanx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version