Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!
HJC is awesome, pretty much anything they make gives new meaning to universal. The rocket i'm guessing was made from a clutch pilot tool from auto zone (that's what I'm using for my Jango kit). What type of hoses and fittings did you use?
Your kit looks good! I looked all over the lowes and home depot for a ceiling fan pull that is brass shaped almost like the rocket tip and now I cant find the blasted thing. My boba kit had a damaged ab plate so I improvised with an old scratched up r6 windshield. It was the right contour, just had to trim it a bit and file it down.
What's your shoulder width? The helmet does look a bit large. Just guessing Im guessing your in the 18-20" range? You may be better off with a 1:1 Jango scale helmet rather than a 1:1 Boba scale helmet. You really need to be 22"+ at the shoulders to pull off a 1:1 Boba scale, otherwise you have to play around with shoulder widening techniques.
I'd maybe give it a coat of primer just to make it all one color so that people can see more of how it will look when finished as opposed to a modified nerf. Its harder to see the mods when all you see is yellow nerf lol.
I decided to attach my armor before I begin painting. Velcro is a good way of attaching it of course, but I would like something less adjustable that doesn't require sewing. So I decided to try the Snap method and Bolt/Nut method on some scrap fabric for comparisons.1/4" Bolts, nuts, and 1/4" Grommets/Eyelets work, but they don't hold the armor any better or closer than snaps. The snaps I used were Dritz 5/8" Heavy Duty snaps. They had the same spacing, approximately 4mm. Countersinking the bolts or the snaps is necessary to bring either one of them in closer. If countersinking is performed, then the bolt can get 1mm or so closer.If I went the bolt method, I'd use smaller width bolts, to reduce the spacing and weight. I'm uncomfortable using a smaller width bolt on Sintra, since layers of the material can peel off easier than other materials. Countersinking a smaller bolt in Sintra would work fine, but I do not want to fill holes in my armor.I don't recommend Nylon fasteners since specialty nuts and loctite can't be used to prevent backing out. I tested blue and red loctite on them, and an adhesive bond was formed. The package says it does not work on plastic fasteners also.Update on blasters: I've modified these more. Added heatshrouds above the cylinder, a small cylinder rod underneath the barrel (in line with the cylinder axle), and added some small shapes to the bare, flat sides of the blasters. They have more going on now. Just waiting for my scopes to arrive in the mail to attach them with a homemade side-mount scope rail. Instead of doing leather lacing at the grips, I'll have to make a detachable solid leather grip so I can change the batteries inside.New Helmet and vest are both on their way in the mail!