Forum > Armor Planning

Jesse's WIP

<< < (16/38) > >>

Jesse Libarra:

--- Quote from: Mayg Miit'ganard on Mar 19, 2012, 03:23 PM ---From what I understand on helms, you definitely do not want a 1:1 Boba, though i believe the 1:1 jango, which is a bit smaller, should work.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Zorim Dran on Mar 19, 2012, 03:59 PM ---I read it was 9.5 inches on the J2P. At any rate, it's not an exact science, but based on your measurements and everything I've read, the J2P is the right fit for you.

--- End quote ---

That's what I thought. :) And I found one for ~$32 so, I'm happy ;D

All right, so my mom and I went scavenging in the garage and we found some plastic packing totes! :D (Getting these had been my greatest concern, besides the helmet) And I also found this.

It's an antique knife that my Great Grandfather (I think) got in Israel.

For Reference:

Detail shot. Sorry it's fuzzy

Here's a better one:

Anyway, I thought it might be cool if I could carry it around, but I'm not sure of the CRLs on this one. Is the policy 'No potential lethal weapons?

And yes, I know the date on my camera is way off  :-\ :laugh:

Kora:
The problem with live steel weapons is that a lot of conventions don't allow them and at the ones that are more lenient you still often have to have them peace bound so you can't draw them. Not to mention the potential problems at events that aren't at conventions since local laws often restrict what size real blade you can carry on your person. I love real blades, but I try to avoid actual ones on my kits for anything other than photoshoots.

Mayg Miit'ganard:
Beautiful blade, I love it! But yeah, most of the time live steel (ie real, metal blades) won't be allowed.

CaptainMorgan:
Hi Jesse, poking my head back in (been busy but not gone).

You could mock up your own blade in the same shape out of a different material and keep the sheath.  This way you can have it all.  There are tons of good knife tutorials on here with materials like sintra.

Looks like it's coming along, I personally am taking a slightly different route with sizing my armor plates.  I want the fitment to be precise so I'm getting my vest all sewn together first.  I'm going to test fit while wearing the actual flight suit and vest for my costume.  I'm also a super skinny guy (over 6' 153 lbs) so if I'm not careful the costume will look awkward and poorly fitted. 

Have you started looking at the flight suit and vest yet?

Jesse Libarra:

--- Quote from: CaptainMorgan on Mar 31, 2012, 11:27 AM ---You could mock up your own blade in the same shape out of a different material and keep the sheath.  This way you can have it all.  There are tons of good knife tutorials on here with materials like sintra.
--- End quote ---

That sounds good. I've have to look into that. :)

--- Quote ---Have you started looking at the flight suit and vest yet?
--- End quote ---

I have been tossing around some ideas. I'm leaning toward scrubs (I'll have to modify the top some, I know) as opposed to a flight suit (for cost and fitting issues). I know a good place in town that has a very large supply of scrubs, so I'm looking for an excuse to drive all the way in ;)  I'm also hoping to have a look around Goodwill and other thrift stores in hopes of finding something good for a vest. And if that doesn't happen, I may be making the vest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version