Forum > Armor Planning

Jesse's WIP

<< < (15/38) > >>

Zorim Dran:

--- Quote from: Jesse Libarra on Mar 16, 2012, 02:33 AM ---all righty, I thought up another question.  :D

I've been reading through the various threads regarding helmet sizing and buying, and I've been trying to figure out the sizing ratio. I'm still scratching my head about the '1:1' or the '2:1' ratios. Is there a specific mathematical formula to this, or is just a relative thing? Also, I was thinking I'd need to be absolutely positive that the helmet was the right size before I spent all this money.

I've been tossing around the idea getting of the Jango 2 piece ('cause I'm small [like, 5 foot nothing]) and I was wondering if you can only buy it online, or if there's a place to go and try on different helmets. (That may just be wishful thinking on my part)

--- End quote ---

"1:1" is referring to the helmet's size relative to the original prop in the movie. A 1:1 Boba is the same size as the helmet Jeremy Bulloch wore in the OT. A 1:1 Jango is the same size as Temuera Morrison wore in AoTC.

"2:1" is referring to the ratio between your shoulder width and the helmet width, as in you shoulders should be twice as wide as your helmet.

As far as trying on helmets, you could see if the clan in your area is throwing an Armor Party any time soon, you could likely try on some helmets there.

As for finding a 2-Piece online, they're getting to be pretty scarce (Looking for one myself ???).

Byloc Phosmont:
Mines a two piece and it fits very well, I'm 5'7".

But if you're looking to buy a 2 piece jango you shouldn't have to spend more than $35 on the toy helmet. I've seen some going for $50, which is just ridiculous. On the somewhat "official starwars costume website" the rubies 2 piece as going for $23, but it was out of stock last time I checked about a month ago. As far as looking in stores for them, I've tried newburyport comics, target, walmart, etc. They have all the newer toy helmets like the new boba, grievous and clone trooper, none have had jango.

I'm sure with some research you could find one online, but at the moment it looks as though all the people who are asking a fair price don't have any in stock or are no longer selling... maybe because there's half a year til halloween?? I don't know.

Jesse Libarra:
so, with all the helmet info in mind I had my wonderful buir (mother) measure my shoulders, and we came up with an ~18 shoulder span. This seems like it will make my helmet kind of small if I go with the 2:1 ratio...*raises eyebrow* 9 inches at the base? Seriously?

So, am I looking at a 1:1 helmet?

Like I said before, the Jango 2 piece is looking (to me, at least) to my most viable option as of right now.

Mayg Miit'ganard:
From what I understand on helms, you definitely do not want a 1:1 Boba, though i believe the 1:1 jango, which is a bit smaller, should work.

Zorim Dran:

--- Quote from: Jesse Libarra on Mar 19, 2012, 12:01 AM ---so, with all the helmet info in mind I had my wonderful buir (mother) measure my shoulders, and we came up with an ~18 shoulder span. This seems like it will make my helmet kind of small if I go with the 2:1 ratio...*raises eyebrow* 9 inches at the base? Seriously?

So, am I looking at a 1:1 helmet?

Like I said before, the Jango 2 piece is looking (to me, at least) to my most viable option as of right now.

--- End quote ---

I read it was 9.5 inches on the J2P. At any rate, it's not an exact science, but based on your measurements and everything I've read, the J2P is the right fit for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version