Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Poll

tabard or arm shield

tabard
shield

Voting closes: Today at 07:02 PM

Author Topic: I"M BBBAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!! Mando Melee focus C.Q.C. Rebuild  (Read 6302 times)

Kardos Shantiel

• I don't need gaunts I've got the POWER GLOVE!
    • My youtube channel
    • Awards
That helmet is wicked!!
Proud member of the Randumb Podcast Team!

alright vod'e im getting closer and closer to being done with my beskar, so its time to get kitted up and see what i need to fix before i get all done and find i made a horrid mistake that i have to start all over to fix, right now im in the process of modding my shins and sewing my velcro to the flightsuit, as a backup to the velcro i will be making straps to go around the thigh plates (no sliding around its just bad form ya know) the plates are just stuck on with sticky-back velcro for the pics but will be more permanent when i am finished, and also do i need a vest with this or can i get  away without one? because i dont have one right now but i have everything to make it, im just about as good with a needle and thread as a slow, blind, 2 legged horse would be in the kentucky derby.
but now without further ado............
front

right

back i knwo i need to lift the back a bit so it doesnt droop as much or get something to cover that area

left

tribute blaster

blades (made from acrylic, unfinished right now until i find something to frost the blades with and buy some steel wool to remove the sharp edges with)

still unsure of whether or not i want armour on my upper arms, and havent made my decap guard either (just realized it when i was getting geared up and started looking for it lol) unfortunately the rf doesnt move as of right now but it will be fixed after i get everything else done. so vod'e give it to me straight what, other than the aforementioned, do i need to fix/make/look into redoing?
oh btw, im also looking at materials to make a flamethrower and wrist blaster for my gauntlets, any ideas or links on those would be awesome since im drawing a blank right now

Novoc Mereel

• Dorm room workshop for the win!
    • Awards
I really, really like your design... however it just doesn't say "Mando" to me.  I'll wait for someone with more expertise than myself to say how approvable it is.  I do think your design is freakin' SWEET, though.
Everyone dies. - Jaster Mereel

My WIP[lanning] Thread: http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=45218.msg628809#msg628809

Armor: 250%
Helmet: 80%
Soft Parts: 15%
Weapons: 30%

ConDar Ward

• I can make that ..
    • Awards
I'll bet it looks more Mando When it's a little farther along ....

I can't wait to see it finished , your Doing a Tremendous Job with the Detail and Movement .
Don't change your Concept until your kit takes a Real Turn toward "Power Ranger" or a "Crossover" kit .
Then you may need to make a few alterations .

Again , I really like what you have started , keep it up .... 8)
« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2012, 09:27 AM by ConDar Ward »

Live for today, because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come!

Novoc Mereel

• Awards
I'll bet it looks more Mando When it's a little farther along ....

I can't wait to see it finished , your Doing a Tremendous Job with the Detail and Movement .
Don't change your Concept until your it takes a Real Turn toward "Power Ranger" or a "Crossover" kit .
Then you may need to make a few alterations .

Again , I really like what you have started , keep it up .... 8)

I 100% agree.

My WIP[lanning] Thread: http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=45218.msg628809#msg628809

ConDar Ward

• I can make that ..
    • Awards
I 100% agree.
;D 

I can't wait to see more ....  8)

Live for today, because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come!

Kardos Shantiel

• I don't need gaunts I've got the POWER GLOVE!
    • My youtube channel
    • Awards
WOW!!! One of the coolest chest armor, ever! Everything looks reeeeealy cool! Keep up the good work!
Proud member of the Randumb Podcast Team!

I'm thinking about changing my paintjob to more closely match my buy'ce, but not entirely sure if i really want to as im really wanting to keep the hard black look on the tan soft parts backdrop, so guys help me make up my mind. And thanks for all the compliments, nice to know im not totally screwing this up, see you soon with more updates

Uneek Top'El

• Oya Taakure Clan !!!
    • Awards
Lookin' AWESOME !!  :o
MMCC OM # 625 M.A.J.I.C Member # 81 MA # 53 Taakure Clan !!

just a teaser but i decided to keep the hard black look in my beskar'gam and darken my flightsuit to give me a more imposing look, hope it worked, anyway heres a teaser photo of my thigh plates and buy'ce with visor finally attached

this thigh has a slightly "ghosted" spider web pattern. anyway tomorrow night should see the first of the last few updates before i app all i need to do is some sewing and weapon shaping, finish up the paint and take pics i think, if i am missing anything let me know please
« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2012, 10:15 AM by solus tion'ad dar cuy'ir »

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Awards
Nice paint work ;)

Koza Teroch

• Wrap a taco in a enchilada: TWO POINTS!
    • Jonathan Schedin - Problem Solving Designer
    • Awards
Like this much! Great Legacy styled custom.
Jusik: "Thank you for flying Jedi Air. Have a nice afternoon."
Sev: "You're all insane."
- Bardan Jusik and RC-1207 "Sev"

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Awards
ooo pretty ;D nice paint Vod

M.A.J.I.C. #018   M.A.B.E.L. #011  M.A. #006  24er  The Elegant Mando's Tea Society #005  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Novoc Mereel

• Awards
Your photos are gone.  :(

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!