Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Author Topic: New Mando  (Read 2806 times)

Ronik

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
    • Awards
New Mando
« on: Jan 03, 2012, 02:32 PM »
So, I recently started work on my second mando. I've been posting updates in the Cerar Clan forum and completely spaced updating here. So, here's what's happened so far:

Dec. 29th -
Gettin ready to start some new beskar'gam. Picked up some more 3mm foam board, a new rubies 2 piece jango bucket, the always important Bondo, and other supplies. I like the way my first mando came out, but it was a lot of trial and error. Now it's time to take what I learned and make a better set. I'll be posting pics as I go, but for now, I'm still planning and gathering supplies.

BTW, if anyone's looking for cintra, I recommend Piedmont Plastics. I bought my last order of cintra from Port Plastics and, let's just say, customer service isn't their strong point. Where as, Piedmont has really good customer service, good prices, and they'll cut your cintra to order. I bought two sheets of 4'x8' 3mm cintra and they cut it down to  four sheets of 4'x4' right there so it would fit in my car.

I got the bucket from Costumes Galore's website, $41.98 with expedited shipping. Got the cintra for $40 a sheet, seems to be a pretty good price round these parts. Gonna be HEAVILY modifying two nerf maverick pistols for my guns, $15 a piece. Found some faux leather at Joann's Fabric that I'll be making my vest out of, still need to buy it. And still need to pick up a new flight suit from military surplus.

My plan is to have this stuff ready by Starfest 2012.

Jan. 2nd -

So, got some work started this past weekend. Still working on sketching out my armor plates.

Here's the pistols after removing the chambers.

Here's one of the pistols after shaving down the sides.

Another angle.

After starting to add new pieces.

And starting to mold and form them.

The new bucket before getting started.

While waiting for the epoxy to dry, a side by side with T's, the same kind of helmet, to show the seam difference after some bondo work and paint.

And another angle.

"Wal-Mart. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy" - Lumpy

Ronik

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
    • Awards
Re: New Mando
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2012, 02:34 PM »
I'm not doing a whole lot of work today, but I'm trying some new clay called Premier. It's super light weight. Figure I'll see if it works. If not, Bondo. Here's a pic after applying the clay to smooth out edges.
"Wal-Mart. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy" - Lumpy

« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2012, 09:49 PM »
I like the look of the gun so far, I've seen that gun used alot and it gets old seeing it used for everyone's build.  But yours I like :-)
Do not drink Scotch from a bottle you found washed up on the shore of Iwo Jima.  No good can come of it.

Kardos Shantiel

• I don't need gaunts I've got the POWER GLOVE!
    • My youtube channel
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2012, 02:29 PM »
I am liking this so far! Good start! :D
Proud member of the Randumb Podcast Team!

Ronik

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2012, 11:59 PM »
Still working on the pistols. No new pics of my armor progress, but, I'll post some tomorrow. In the meantime, new pics of my progress on the pistols

Kardos Shantiel

• My youtube channel
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2012, 02:15 AM »
Looking good, man!

Slade Kel (Marrok)

• Is in a Southern State of Mind
  • Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2012, 11:19 AM »
You know, I have one of those pistols laying around half disassembled for another project I never got around to doing. This gives me ideas :).

Ben: What do we do now? Lob a baradium missile at it?
Luke: Do we have a baradium missile?
Ben: Sorry, Uncle Han said it was always a good idea to have one--
Luke: Your uncle isn't a jedi. I wish you'd remember that.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2012, 12:36 PM »
I like what you are doing with the Nerf Vod ;D Looking Good

M.A.J.I.C. #018   M.A.B.E.L. #011  M.A. #006  24er  The Elegant Mando's Tea Society #005  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Ronik

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2012, 04:19 PM »
More progress on the pistol

Kardos Shantiel

• My youtube channel
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: Jan 17, 2012, 04:43 PM »
Awesome!!

Ronik

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: Jan 17, 2012, 06:55 PM »
New torso pieces

And with arm and leg pieces

Patrikar Dala

• Forever alone....watching you....
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: Jan 17, 2012, 07:13 PM »
I love everything except the long shin-knee armor, but it's all just a matter of opinion ;)
Armor: 100%
Soft parts: 100%
Weapons: 100%
Complete Mondoness!: 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ronik

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: Jan 17, 2012, 07:39 PM »
Yea, it looks a little wonky now. I think it'll look waaaayyyy better once I get my thigh plates made

Patrikar Dala

• Forever alone....watching you....
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: Jan 17, 2012, 11:58 PM »
Hopefully so, I was worried that you wouldn't have thighs  :o :P
Armor: 100%
Soft parts: 100%
Weapons: 100%
Complete Mondoness!: 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ronik

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: Jan 18, 2012, 12:45 AM »
lol, oh, hell no, that would look retarded. i totally see where you're coming from. yea, once it's all built, this'll be a fairly heavily armored mando.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!