Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Author Topic: Beviin Kal's first kit  (Read 2948 times)

Jaro

• JARO SMASH!
  • Awards Shock Infantry Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
    • Awards
Re: Beviin Kal's first kit
« Reply #45 on: Feb 28, 2012, 03:57 PM »
If you put the belt on the outside, you'll end up needing the back-plate again.

Jaro's Customs: www.facebook.com/JarosCustoms

Custom paint apps, texturing, EL Wire installation, armor and helmet design etc. PM for details!

Beviin Kal

• Reach out and touch someone...
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
    • Mandaltech Armory
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: Feb 28, 2012, 03:58 PM »
If you put the belt on the outside, you'll end up needing the back-plate again.

How so?  My back would be completely covered.  I'm thinking something like this:

Why would this need a back plate?
"Six men came to kill me one time. And the best of 'em carried this. It's a Callahan full-bore auto-lock. Customized trigger, double cartridge thorough gauge. It is my very favorite gun."

Jaro

• JARO SMASH!
  • Awards Shock Infantry Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: Feb 28, 2012, 04:00 PM »
Destroyer's first kit was turned down for that reason. Now if you have the belt on the INSIDE, it would be fine. The reason being nobody should be able to tell you're NOT wearing one.

Custom paint apps, texturing, EL Wire installation, armor and helmet design etc. PM for details!

Beviin Kal

• Mandaltech Armory
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: Feb 28, 2012, 04:07 PM »
Destroyer's first kit was turned down for that reason. Now if you have the belt on the INSIDE, it would be fine. The reason being nobody should be able to tell you're NOT wearing one.

That just seems silly, imho.  I can't tell that the guy in this picture doesn't have a back plate.  Thanks for the heads up, vod.  I'll just wear it on the inside and let the coat flaps fall where they may I guess.
"Six men came to kill me one time. And the best of 'em carried this. It's a Callahan full-bore auto-lock. Customized trigger, double cartridge thorough gauge. It is my very favorite gun."

Jaro

• JARO SMASH!
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: Feb 28, 2012, 04:10 PM »
You might ask someone from the app team to be sure, just on the chance that it had to do with something else. You never know.

Beviin Kal

• Mandaltech Armory
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: Feb 28, 2012, 04:11 PM »
Yeah, good idea.  Thanks again for the input ner'vod!

Jaro

• JARO SMASH!
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: Feb 28, 2012, 04:13 PM »
No prob! I hate bursting people's bubbles, but at the same time I wish I would have had some input on some of the things my first kit was dinged for. It's a double edged sword!  :P

Beviin Kal

• Mandaltech Armory
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: Feb 28, 2012, 04:15 PM »
No prob! I hate bursting people's bubbles, but at the same time I wish I would have had some input on some of the things my first kit was dinged for. It's a double edged sword!  :P

Yeah, I always appreciate that kind of stuff.  I apologize in advance if I ever sound testy.  I've had the bulk of my kit done for quite a while, it's just all the little thing I keep having to change.  It's getting very frustrating but I'm sticking with it. :)

Jaro

• JARO SMASH!
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: Feb 28, 2012, 04:25 PM »
Hey no worries! You're coming along nicely!

Beviin Kal

• Mandaltech Armory
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: Feb 29, 2012, 01:45 AM »
Here's a pic with the sleeves removed.  Tried it one with the vest, helmet, and belt and it looked pretty awesome!  What do you guys think?

Hesoj Yarwar

• I don't make threats; I make promises...
  • Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: Feb 29, 2012, 12:50 PM »
I think this is a great idea! A suggestion though; if you're willing to cut the duster, try putting slits in the sides for your belt, then, you could thread it through in such a way that the belt was on top of the jacket and holding it in place in the front, but was under the jacket and thus not visible in the back. Also, you coule use the sleeve meterial to sew a belt loop or two on the back of the inside of the jacket, to futher help keep it in place.  ;D
Hope this helps! And I'm sorry this has been such a hassle, but take heart! I think the end is in sight. -sage nod-
~The Christian Mando~
Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged sword in their hand.- Psalm 149:6 KJV

Beviin Kal

• Mandaltech Armory
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: Feb 29, 2012, 02:51 PM »
I think this is a great idea! A suggestion though; if you're willing to cut the duster, try putting slits in the sides for your belt, then, you could thread it through in such a way that the belt was on top of the jacket and holding it in place in the front, but was under the jacket and thus not visible in the back. Also, you coule use the sleeve meterial to sew a belt loop or two on the back of the inside of the jacket, to futher help keep it in place.  ;D
Hope this helps! And I'm sorry this has been such a hassle, but take heart! I think the end is in sight. -sage nod-

Not a bad idea ner'vod!  Thanks! :-)

Uneek Top'El

• Oya Taakure Clan !!!
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: Feb 29, 2012, 03:02 PM »
Love your Kit, and may I ask where you got those bad@ss axes from , or did you make them??  :o
MMCC OM # 625 M.A.J.I.C Member # 81 MA # 53 Taakure Clan !!

Beviin Kal

• Mandaltech Armory
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: Feb 29, 2012, 03:19 PM »
Love your Kit, and may I ask where you got those bad@ss axes from , or did you make them??  :o

Thanks ner'vod.  Those are modified nerf axes.  I make and sell the in the trading station.  Though there is some question of whether or not it is modified enough to meet CLRs.  The local guys don't think it iw different enough but I have not heard one way or the other from approval guys yet.

Uneek Top'El

• Oya Taakure Clan !!!
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: Feb 29, 2012, 03:46 PM »
Could you PM me some pricing please!!
MMCC OM # 625 M.A.J.I.C Member # 81 MA # 53 Taakure Clan !!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!