Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Author Topic: Destroyer's U.S. Army kit WIP (start to finish)  (Read 5740 times)

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
    • My Facebook
    • Awards
Re: Destroyer's U.S. Army kit WIP (start to finish)
« Reply #15 on: Nov 20, 2011, 12:08 AM »
Awesome! Make me want to add a little USAF flare to my Mando Pilot wip.

Hondo Karr

• Formerly 'Falin Skirata'
  • Head Shot Props formerly Skirata Arms
  • Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: Nov 20, 2011, 01:26 AM »
I got to meet and troop with him at Fan Days. I'm not a big fan of clean armor. I like Boba's look over Deathstar stationed TK's. But, this armor is very eye catching in person. It's a very well done kit and I really dig it. Of course, if he added a couple dings and scratches and took a good roll in the mud...  8)

Simo Vandorak

• M.A.D. 007 "Vandorak. Simo, Vandorak"
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: Nov 20, 2011, 01:37 AM »
Coming from a family with a long history of military service, and an avid supporter of the US Armed Forces, I officially (;)) declare this kit to be kandosii!
Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum: Charles, Edwin, Mandy, Shanti, Charley, Missy

"In my experience, vod, there are two things that have remained constant and infinite: human pettiness and human stupidity. High explosives solve both." ~ Buurenaar B'enceri

"When you can't run anymore: you crawl. And when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you." Tracey, Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Zoe Washburn ~ Firefly

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: Nov 20, 2011, 09:20 AM »
Love the Kit Vod ;D

M.A.J.I.C. #018   M.A.B.E.L. #011  M.A. #006  24er  The Elegant Mando's Tea Society #005  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

« Reply #19 on: Nov 28, 2011, 01:09 PM »
I am former Army and this is great!  Awesome job!
David Wilson

Reilic Tralem

• Goora'briirud'kad
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: Nov 28, 2011, 04:53 PM »
Awesome kit and awesome tribute!
M.A.J.I.C #68
M.A. #044

I've got half a mind to kill you...and the other half agrees.

DESTROYER

• DESTROYER
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: Nov 28, 2011, 05:03 PM »
Thanks everyone.. I was proud to do it.. Kinda started a trend with my local squad, I have one working on his kit with a NAVY theme going to do a Sub-Mando, and another working on his as MARINES. We also have one that will be submitting his real soon that is a County Sheriff and his kit looks like his uniform in color.

Destroyer

« Reply #22 on: Nov 28, 2011, 05:11 PM »
Great work mate, plus im looking forward to seeing the rest of your squad's work.

Pesh 'katar

• Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade...
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: Nov 28, 2011, 06:57 PM »
GREAT kit! I'm a veteran as well, and totally dig how you managed to incorporate so many 'real' world elements while keeping it Star Wars... I was also thinking of ways to blend my service with my kit, you've given me a few things to think about!
OM #0885

BLUE MOON CLAN Official Member #11

B.E.A.R.D.S #045

VRCA #054

M.A. #085
M.A.D. #002
M.A.J.I.C #112

NORTHERN BLUE MOON GOES FULL TASSEL

DESTROYER

• DESTROYER
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: Nov 28, 2011, 07:07 PM »
That makes me feel good that so many like what I did with it.

Destroyer

« Reply #25 on: Nov 28, 2011, 07:29 PM »
I think this would be a great idea for a group or brigade for tribute armour to all the different forces around the world.

Calo Ordoa

« Reply #26 on: Nov 28, 2011, 07:52 PM »
Two words: DO, and LIKE.  ;D

:::EDIT:::

Derp. I forgot to ask how and what you used to cut out the visor. I have a regular Boba helmet and about... 2 or 3 visors that still need some minor assistance.  :-\ :rolleyes:
Thanks!
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2011, 08:26 AM by Calo Ordoa »

Pesh 'katar

• Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade...
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: Nov 28, 2011, 10:20 PM »
Destroyer, are those issue boots? If so, what are they called? I like the chunky look they have. I'm probably going to use a pair of custom-made black jungle boots for my kit. I had them made while stationed in Korea, and went with the sharktooth soles. I left the military back in 2004, right before you guys got all the fresh new gear, so I'm not real familiar with it!
OM #0885

BLUE MOON CLAN Official Member #11

B.E.A.R.D.S #045

VRCA #054

M.A. #085
M.A.D. #002
M.A.J.I.C #112

NORTHERN BLUE MOON GOES FULL TASSEL

DESTROYER

• DESTROYER
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: Nov 28, 2011, 11:15 PM »
The boots are a pair of BATES I picked up at a local sporting goods store. More like what law enforcement use. Real comfy!

Chris

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!