Forum > Helmets

Helmet Sizing V 2.0

<< < (12/19) > >>

Zorim Dran:
If the Rubies 2 piece is 10 inches, and the best ratio is 2:1 shoulder to helmet, wouldn't anything bigger go a little bobblehead on me at 18 inches? Not to mention anything between 1:1 Jango size (as I understand the J2P is) and 1:1 Boba size (as I understand the HBF is) will cost at least twice as much. I just want to make sure I have this right before I go slinging the money around.

Hondo Karr:
Jango 1:1 scale, which includes the Rubies 2 piece, is 9.5" wide. Perfect for someone with 19" shoulders. Shoudl work as small as 17" and up to 20".

Boba 1:1 scale is 11.5" wide. Perfect for someone with 23" shoulders. Should work down to about 22 and up to 25-26 before earcap modding or stretching become neccessary.

If you fall in the 19.5-22" range, the Don Post COULD be the perfect match for you.

There are other factors that can play in, shoudler width seems to be the primary factor though. But, things such as overall body width and girth, height, head height, head circumference etc all play in. At the end of the day, it's not a 100% science but, by going with shoulder width, yoiu have your best shot of getting it right. Some folks, no matter what, are going to have to scratchbuild.

Jark'osa Hauza:

--- Quote from: Falin Skirata on Mar 14, 2012, 06:37 PM ---Jango 1:1 scale, which includes the Rubies 2 piece, is 9.5" wide. Perfect for someone with 19" shoulders. Shoudl work as small as 17" and up to 20".

Boba 1:1 scale is 11.5" wide. Perfect for someone with 23" shoulders. Should work down to about 22 and up to 25-26 before earcap modding or stretching become neccessary.

If you fall in the 19.5-22" range, the Don Post COULD be the perfect match for you.

There are other factors that can play in, shoudler width seems to be the primary factor though. But, things such as overall body width and girth, height, head height, head circumference etc all play in. At the end of the day, it's not a 100% science but, by going with shoulder width, yoiu have your best shot of getting it right. Some folks, no matter what, are going to have to scratchbuild.

--- End quote ---

Listen to "this guy" ;)  He knows a little about helmets. lol  ;D

Zorim Dran:
Alright. Found a soft measuring tape, and took some new measurements. I'm at ~19 inches. Sounds like the 2-Piece is still my fit.

Blackbird:
So I am at 30" across the shoulders without armor.
My BobaMaker 1:1 took a tumble off my trunk yesterday and one of the mandables smashed on the concrete.
I'm looking at an Enforcer helmet but I can't find any measurements, though I read in the original Helmet Sizing thread that it's roughly the size of a Don Post.  But I think the Enforcer came in 2 sizes.  It looks to be just a shade smaller than the XL Assassin from top to bottom (which is fine) but maybe a little wider, so I assume this is the XL variant.  So the XL would be larger than the Don Post, and comparable to a 1:1? 
Does anyone have any experience with this helmet?  I've heard the cheeks are deep, but I heard the same about Bobamaker and it worked just fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version