Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Author Topic: First Bucket Build Plan (Hasbro Mod)  (Read 6297 times)

Kad-Rebo

• M.A.J.I.C Member #58
    • tumblr
    • Awards
First Bucket Build Plan (Hasbro Mod)
« on: Sep 27, 2011, 03:30 PM »
Hey all!
I've been inactive for a wee bit, but in that time I've been planning.
I just received my Hasbro Boba Fett Electronic helmet I bought off eBay for 11 ish :)
I have now stripped it back to it's main components, which in all was awkward, there were a few screws hidden by plastic plugs which I just drilled out, but with a little brute force it came apart relatively easily :)
Now to the pics!

Next Stages: Tinting the T-Visor, Fill the dent, Put back together, Fill the gap, Sand, Prime, Airbrush :)

For fuller sized pictures, head over to my tumblr:- http://coreyfeldmanistheshit.tumblr.com/post/10734365061/mass-destruction-of-my-boba-fett-helmet-next

Kardos Shantiel

• I don't need gaunts I've got the POWER GLOVE!
    • My youtube channel
    • Awards
Re: First Bucket Build Plan (Hasbro Mod)
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2011, 08:45 PM »
Great start! *.*

Klynn Targh

• Fan favorite Wampa
  • Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2011, 09:20 PM »
Dive right in why don't ya!  Be careful that your visor fits correctly if you do what I did and use the established tab holding both sides of the visor together as a guide, line it up flush with the brow!! :)
Aliit orishya taldin.

Jerek Darr

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2011, 09:25 PM »
Are you planning on following the modding tutorial for the face to make it approvable?

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Mav Nexu

• u lag irl
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Mando-Tough - Winner of the Celebration VI pushup competition Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: Sep 27, 2011, 11:43 PM »
Eye slit needs to be narrowed down.

Kad-Rebo

• M.A.J.I.C Member #58
    • tumblr
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: Sep 28, 2011, 06:30 AM »
Dive right in why don't ya!  Be careful that your visor fits correctly if you do what I did and use the established tab holding both sides of the visor together as a guide, line it up flush with the brow!! :)

Thanks man :) Didn't think of that!

Kad-Rebo

• M.A.J.I.C Member #58
    • tumblr
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: Sep 28, 2011, 06:33 AM »
Are you planning on following the modding tutorial for the face to make it approvable?
Eye slit needs to be narrowed down.

I was planning on narrowing the eye slit down with some Plasticard, after finding where my eyes sit within the visor, so I can cut out the excess :) I'll also be using window tint film to further tint the visor, as I can't afford one of the laser cut ones hehe :)

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: Sep 28, 2011, 01:28 PM »
If you only use plastic to narrow the Visor you will end up with an odd looking visor as the surround will look odd.  you really need to move the bottom of the visor up as in the Tutorial and then extend the bottom of the cheeks.

M.A.J.I.C. #018   M.A.B.E.L. #011  M.A. #006  24er  The Elegant Mando's Tea Society #005  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Jerek Darr

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: Sep 28, 2011, 01:47 PM »
There was one member who used your idea for a mod and just filled the eye slit. I don't know what the end result was, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't clear the app process. I suppose the issue is what you want from this, if you just want something to bang around in, do as you please. If you are shooting for an approveable kit, then you really should follow the approved methods for building.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Mav Nexu

• u lag irl
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Mando-Tough - Winner of the Celebration VI pushup competition Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: Sep 28, 2011, 03:35 PM »
I saw one member go so far as to just paint the visor. 

Follow the tutorial. It's really the only way your'e gonna get that bucket to look right and be approved.

Kad-Rebo

• M.A.J.I.C Member #58
    • tumblr
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: Sep 29, 2011, 12:08 PM »
Thanks guys, I'll take a look at the modding info and get it started on :) I'm just wanting to see where my eyes sit with it, so I don't end up cutting out my field of vision :)

Will keep you all posted :)

Kyp Vok'Chi

• Formerly 'Kel T Skirata'
  • Mental Scottish Mando!
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: Sep 29, 2011, 12:29 PM »
http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=28297.0

Follow this and ye wont go wrong mate  ;)

Kad-Rebo

• M.A.J.I.C Member #58
    • tumblr
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: Sep 29, 2011, 12:47 PM »
http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=28297.0

Follow this and ye wont go wrong mate  ;)

Cheers broseph! Got it bookmarked :) Will be having at it with a dremel later on :)
Will post pics :)

Jerek Darr

• Awards
« Reply #13 on: Sep 29, 2011, 06:36 PM »
Thanks guys, I'll take a look at the modding info and get it started on :) I'm just wanting to see where my eyes sit with it, so I don't end up cutting out my field of vision :)

Will keep you all posted :)

I'm sorry, I can't stop giggling,,,, You are building a mandalorian helmet,,,, and you want to SEE out of it?  :D
Jk really, ultimately, any mod is going to alter your ability to see down. The Falin mod won't alter the upper visor frame, so as long as this doesn't come down over your eyes you won't have aqny problems. If it does,,,, MORE PADDING!   ;)

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Kad-Rebo

• M.A.J.I.C Member #58
    • tumblr
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: Sep 30, 2011, 07:53 AM »
I'm sorry, I can't stop giggling,,,, You are building a mandalorian helmet,,,, and you want to SEE out of it?  :D
Jk really, ultimately, any mod is going to alter your ability to see down. The Falin mod won't alter the upper visor frame, so as long as this doesn't come down over your eyes you won't have aqny problems. If it does,,,, MORE PADDING!   ;)

Haha :) Sounds good :) I always like checking this stuff out before I dive in and do it :P

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!