Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Author Topic: Tutorial: Stencil Making for Painting Armor  (Read 4973 times)

Manji

• Maanji Ikari
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
    • Awards
Tutorial: Stencil Making for Painting Armor
« on: Jul 11, 2011, 09:06 PM »
**If this is posted in the wrong place, feel free to move, mods. I didn't have access to posting in the tutorial forum**

This is a simple tutorial for making stencils for painting emblems, insignias or patterns on your armor using:

-Paper
-Painters tape
-Exacto knife

1) Using your paper, cut out the POSITIVE image of your stencil (basically, the image that you want to put on your armor).

2) Place the stencil on your armor where you want it to go, and cover it entirely with painter's tape, OVERLAPPING the edges of your paper stencil, like so:

Make sure the painters tape is attached firmly to your armor.

3) Using your exacto knife, gently trace around the paper stencil, exposing the NEGATIVE in the paper's tape:

4) As you go, gently tear away the paper stencil. Using your finger to hold down the paper's tape so that it does not tear off of the armor.

5) Keep going, tracing away at the stencil until you finish, entirely exposing the stencil negative.

6) Spray paint in the stencil! *I used a plastic bag to mask off the rest of the helmet*

7) Peel away painters tape when completely DRY. Enjoy!

*NOTE: be gentle peeling off the painter's tape, as you can see in the photo, it yanked off some the blue... this did not happen the first time I did this stencil on my red helmet, but on this one, the blue paint just didn't seem as strong. But hey, it adds weathing I guess!*

Finished buckets using this method:

Hope this is helpful to someone!  ;D
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2011, 09:08 PM by Manji »

1337 photoshope pr0
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!