**If this is posted in the wrong place, feel free to move, mods. I didn't have access to posting in the tutorial forum**
This is a simple tutorial for making stencils for painting emblems, insignias or patterns on your armor using:-Paper
1) Using your paper, cut out the POSITIVE image of your stencil (basically, the image that you want to put on your armor).
2) Place the stencil on your armor where you want it to go, and cover it entirely with painter's tape, OVERLAPPING the edges of your paper stencil, like so:Make sure the painters tape is attached firmly to your armor.
3) Using your exacto knife, gently trace around the paper stencil, exposing the NEGATIVE in the paper's tape:
4) As you go, gently tear away the paper stencil. Using your finger to hold down the paper's tape so that it does not tear off of the armor.
5) Keep going, tracing away at the stencil until you finish, entirely exposing the stencil negative.
6) Spray paint in the stencil! *I used a plastic bag to mask off the rest of the helmet*
7) Peel away painters tape when completely
*NOTE: be gentle peeling off the painter's tape, as you can see in the photo, it yanked off some the blue... this did not happen the first time I did this stencil on my red helmet, but on this one, the blue paint just didn't seem as strong. But hey, it adds weathing I guess!*
Finished buckets using this method:
Hope this is helpful to someone!