Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Author Topic: Drake's Legacy Mando WIP thread  (Read 18235 times)

Slade Kel (Marrok)

• Is in a Southern State of Mind
  • Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Awards
Re: Drake's Legacy Mando WIP thread
« Reply #30 on: Jun 13, 2011, 12:56 PM »
Firstly: He should do a Rory Williams outfit, as he looks exactly like him:
By the Nine Corellian Hells, why didn't I see it before!?! Doctor Who face characters are tricky to do without proper props and whatnot, but you really are a fair ringer for Rory, Drake. If you get the chance to pirate it, or want to spend the monies for the box sets, I highly recommend picking Doc Who up starting from the revamp back in '05, with Chris Eccleston as The Ninth Doctor. David Tennant as the Tenth is my favorite, but the new guy, Matt Smith, is doing a fair decent job as well. His Companions, Amy Pond and Rory Williams have some fairly brilliant dialogue. Better than most of the Companions.

/Doctowhofanboymoment :P

On Topic; I actually kind of like the slightly loose look to the segmented pauldrons myself. Granted, it leaves gaps that are unacceptable from an 'actual-armor-don't-want-chakaare-cutting-you' perspective, but from a strictly costuming standpoint it hints at coverage with flexibility. At least, to me it does ;).

Ben: What do we do now? Lob a baradium missile at it?
Luke: Do we have a baradium missile?
Ben: Sorry, Uncle Han said it was always a good idea to have one--
Luke: Your uncle isn't a jedi. I wish you'd remember that.

Drake

• OM #0047 BVC Merc Veteran '06
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: Jun 13, 2011, 01:06 PM »
By the Nine Corellian Hells, why didn't I see it before!?! Doctor Who face characters are tricky to do without proper props and whatnot, but you really are a fair ringer for Rory, Drake. If you get the chance to pirate it, or want to spend the monies for the box sets, I highly recommend picking Doc Who up starting from the revamp back in '05, with Chris Eccleston as The Ninth Doctor. David Tennant as the Tenth is my favorite, but the new guy, Matt Smith, is doing a fair decent job as well. His Companions, Amy Pond and Rory Williams have some fairly brilliant dialogue. Better than most of the Companions.

/Doctowhofanboymoment :P

On Topic; I actually kind of like the slightly loose look to the segmented pauldrons myself. Granted, it leaves gaps that are unacceptable from an 'actual-armor-don't-want-chakaare-cutting-you' perspective, but from a strictly costuming standpoint it hints at coverage with flexibility. At least, to me it does ;).

I may have to check out Doctor Who.  ;)

The only problem is that the pauldrons don't have the same gap. One has a noticible gap and the other doesn't, due to shape and positioning. I like symmetry, so they have to be same (within reason).

And I guess mine is considered another Alien-Mando build. I didn't see the Gungans and Wookies out there.
E.M.T.S. #2163

[PAGES 1-7 DETAIL ZABRAK MANDO, 7-∞ DETAIL STEEL LEGACY] : http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=38505.90

Quote from: Homer, The Iliad
'I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown.'

Slade Kel (Marrok)

• Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: Jun 13, 2011, 01:19 PM »
Heh, fair enough; it'd probably be a pain to try to give them the gap look and keep it symmetrical. Well, you could pull it off by putting a solid backing to 'em, but that'd negate the purpose of segments in the first place.

Drake

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: Jul 28, 2011, 02:21 AM »
So I have completed the assembly and painting of my upper torso. I am tired of keeping it a secret so I will post pictures tomorrow, and those of you who can figure out my aim (based on the paint) are free to know what my goal is. I will not blatantly state my inended design, but a True Nerd can easily figure it out.

Stay thirsty, my friends.
E.M.T.S. #2163

[PAGES 1-7 DETAIL ZABRAK MANDO, 7-∞ DETAIL STEEL LEGACY] : http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=38505.90

Squirrel

• Patience, people!!!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
    • My Deviant Art Page
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: Jul 28, 2011, 03:44 PM »
Sounds good!

"He is the most interesting man in the world. . ."
"And what have we learned?"

"How much detail is too much? When my hands cramp from the effort of adding it all."
My Desert Assault Kit WIP
M.A.J.I.C. #103
The Elegant Mando's Tea Society #042

Ghostwalker

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: Jul 29, 2011, 08:59 PM »
dude... you can't just tease and not deliver!
up some pics already...

Ohl'd Vart

• Head Hooch of the Gabrin Kinoda Hootchie Brigade
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Ohl'd Vart's New Facebook page
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: Jul 30, 2011, 09:52 PM »

More to come...

Rob
Ohl'd Vart's Rat Rod Pod Racer Club
Founding member of the BVC 2007/Alor'Ad 2007-2013
BVC Tutorial thread: http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=52355.0
Caput gerat lupinum  ("Let His be a Wolf's Head")

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: Jul 31, 2011, 12:32 AM »
That's totally kick shebs boss. Good job with this. NOW FINISH! D:< .... I can't stand being kept waiting, ah the suspense....

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Ohl'd Vart

• Head Hooch of the Gabrin Kinoda Hootchie Brigade
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Ohl'd Vart's New Facebook page
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: Jul 31, 2011, 12:08 PM »
Thanks, dude...that means a lot coming from you!  ;)

Yeah, this is all Drake's work you see here; I'm just the "picture posting guy" on this thread!  :)

Since I've gotten this new job, I've been playing financial catch-up (doing side work and such), so I haven't had a chance to get back on my Legacy kit yet...but I will!  ;)

Rob

Ohl'd Vart's Rat Rod Pod Racer Club
Founding member of the BVC 2007/Alor'Ad 2007-2013
BVC Tutorial thread: http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=52355.0
Caput gerat lupinum  ("Let His be a Wolf's Head")

Mom2Mando

• Verda Buir
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: Jul 31, 2011, 12:40 PM »

Nice work.  Lovin' the yellow and black!
Teresa -  Verda Buir   (and son Dha Buruk)

Slade Kel (Marrok)

• Awards
« Reply #40 on: Jul 31, 2011, 02:10 PM »
Very nice; with the paint applications, the 'folds' look much better. I was skeptical of them at first, but it doesn't look bad at all.

Squirrel

• Patience, people!!!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
    • My Deviant Art Page
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: Jul 31, 2011, 03:31 PM »
That looks SICK! Awesome work on the folds and the paint! Classy and oh-so-cool! 8) 8) 8)
"And what have we learned?"

"How much detail is too much? When my hands cramp from the effort of adding it all."
My Desert Assault Kit WIP
M.A.J.I.C. #103
The Elegant Mando's Tea Society #042

Drake

• Awards
« Reply #42 on: Jul 31, 2011, 08:08 PM »
Thanks everyone. But in the words of Bachman Turner Overdrive, "You ain't seen nothin' yet."
E.M.T.S. #2163

Kyp Vok'Chi

• Formerly 'Kel T Skirata'
  • Mental Scottish Mando!
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: Aug 01, 2011, 06:15 AM »
Brilliant work mate , Paint job is very cool too .

Zul Veyrde

• "Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy" -FSF
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: Sep 13, 2011, 06:44 PM »
Wow. I know I'm late to the party, ner vode. I am def keeping an eye out.

* Zul Veyrde's thread: GONE METAL! *-GRA'TUA BE TAL the story of Zul
*MAJIC#037-M.A.#012-24er-The Elegant Mando Tea Society #038-KOMS #003-

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!