Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Author Topic: Kayel Tork  (Read 3213 times)

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Awards
Re: Kayel Tork
« Reply #15 on: Feb 20, 2011, 11:11 AM »
 a lot better, but do as A'den said and you're good to go.  ;)

Ori Cabur

• Krayt Clan for LIFE
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions.
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: Feb 20, 2011, 04:22 PM »
Kayel, I think that you should take some black paint to the bottom nylon straps that are on your shins.
They are the only straps that really scream at me, due to the white on black.
I'm gonna be buyin some cotton rope here in a little bit, maybe you and i can go in on it, and each make a girthbelt?
We'll get you there ner'vod  ;)

So, A'den, some small adjustments and a Girthbelt/sash, and he's on his way?
MM:0310

Hondo Karr

• Formerly 'Falin Skirata'
  • HEAD SHOT
  • Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: Feb 20, 2011, 05:28 PM »
Yup!
You can see my complete sales thread in the General Goods boards at:
http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=68053.0

Ori Cabur

• Krayt Clan for LIFE
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions.
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: Feb 20, 2011, 05:52 PM »
Roger that  ;)
MM:0310

« Reply #19 on: Feb 20, 2011, 06:18 PM »
Thanks for the replies and sounds good to me Ori, lets getter done!

Tassone Phoenix

• Proud Dune Sea Mando
  • Awards Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: Feb 22, 2011, 11:57 PM »
I know you are almost good to go and ready to send in that app, but I was wondering why a loincloth instead of a cod?  You have a good amount of armor coverage and it seems weird (to me) to not have an armored cod and instead go for the loincloth.  If you keep the loincloth, may I suggest a "beefier" looking one. Maybe you can us a thicker fabric or make it wider even. To me it just seems to "light" and doesn't go for your heavier armor look. Well that is my two cents. Good job so far and I love that weathering. You really dirtied it up :)

On a related note: When I was building my kit, I made a cod and a loin cloth to chose from. I tried on the cod and I thought it looked really dumb on me and didn't look right. A cod didn't fit my kit and didn't work for my body shape. My family agreed so I tried on the loin cloth and as you can see in my sig that is what I decided to go with.  Some people prefer a cod while some prefer a loincloth. I say it all depends on the person and the look of the kit.

« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2011, 11:59 PM by Tassone Phoenix »
Tassone Phoenix aka Victoria 

Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club: #0333

M5: Mandalorian Mercs Mighty Mini Mando #3

My Mando WIP: http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=19027.0

My Mando's Beast Hunter Thread: http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=70601.0

Verdika's thread: http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=51095.0

Mandalore the Uniter

• Be an example for others.
  • Uniting the faithful.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
    • Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: Feb 23, 2011, 09:29 AM »
I totally agree with Tassone about the looks of the loin cloth.  The current loin cloth on Kayel looks very hap-hazard and low quality.  Basically looks like you wrapped some fabric around the ammo belt and are letting it hang down. 

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2011, 01:55 AM »
I dont have pictures just yet, but I finished my cod piece tonight.

Spanner Murraan

• Paint Gun Gangster.
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2011, 02:12 AM »
I would also pull the belt up to just under the belly plate.  It will do wonders to lengthen your lower body, and improve your posture.

VP of M.A.N.T.A. - Mandalorians Against Ninja-Themed Armor.

Leadership isn't about firing bullets and stabbing people. It's about being able to tell others to fire bullets and stab people.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!