Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Author Topic: Karir- Beast Hunter/Tamer - FINISHED! Pic Heavy - Page 12  (Read 10759 times)

Ric

• Awards
Re: Karir- Outback Huntress - Blasters DONE (pg 4- img heavy)
« Reply #60 on: Jan 29, 2012, 11:34 AM »
definetly diggin' what you did to your weps, brings a new fear twitch to the term pistol whip :'( :laugh:
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

misstori

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: Jan 29, 2012, 11:40 AM »
Loving the spikes, where'd you get em?
Bit by bit,
Putting it together...
Piece by Piece-
Only way to make a work of art.
Every moment makes a contribution,
Every little detail plays a part.
Having just a vision's no solution,
Everything depends on execution:
Putting it together-
That's what counts!

Tirilia

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: Jan 30, 2012, 02:36 AM »
*LOL* Thanks Ric, I never thought of it that way.. but I likes ;)

Thanks Misstori, theyre made of Fimo clay, which I let carefully burn to get the aged effect.

« Reply #63 on: Jan 30, 2012, 06:29 AM »
I love the paintwork on your helm :) Seriously fantastic layering and use of colour :) And weathering :)

bodatheyoda

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: Feb 04, 2012, 03:27 PM »
I LOVE the helmet... but the weathering on the weapons to me looks too splotchy? I dunno if it's the picture quality or what...

Tirilia

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: Feb 04, 2012, 04:45 PM »
Thank  you Shae :)

Boda- yeah..  originally I went a little overboard (very much a newbie) with toothpaste layering, came out looking more like camo than weathering. Ive toned it down a lot since. In the end, I wanted them to look like theyve been thrown, bitten, chewed on, clawed etc enough to warrent being repainted so many times.  When theyre in their holsters, or against the finished product, they wont stand out so much :)

Ordeyn

• "Wo-man-delorian"
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: Feb 04, 2012, 05:32 PM »
You are making my so excited to see what the rest of your kit is going to look like!  :P Excellent job. :D
- Taakure Clan -

bodatheyoda

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: Feb 07, 2012, 06:37 PM »
Thank  you Shae :)

Boda- yeah..  originally I went a little overboard (very much a newbie) with toothpaste layering, came out looking more like camo than weathering. Ive toned it down a lot since. In the end, I wanted them to look like theyve been thrown, bitten, chewed on, clawed etc enough to warrent being repainted so many times.  When theyre in their holsters, or against the finished product, they wont stand out so much :)

honestly...all my gun weathering and even on my gauntlets I did with dry brushing...I love the scuffed look it gives. The pics of them don't do them justice because I've added alot more to them. I love that way of doing it :O

Tirilia

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
    • Awards
Re: Karir- Beast Hunter/Tamer - Updates on page 5! (very pic heavy)
« Reply #68 on: Jul 10, 2013, 07:36 PM »
*defibs this thread a few times*

Sorry for the delay folks, I havent given up on this kit.. there are just so many ideas Ive had over time, that Ive worked on them slowly slowly until theyve evolved from my original concepts into a final vision :D

I lie, that isn't the final vision.. sort of v1.1 *lol*

Ive since changed the shin armor, had two beautiful new pouches made, added neck armor, a bite gauntlet on her left arm, a whip, got my holsters and added some unique shoulder armor..  This girl is essentially a walking hunting trophy.

A long time ago, I read somewhere that some mandos who travel constantly rarely carry much with them other than their armor, they travel light, which means they dont tend to carry cash/credits or large items to sell. Instead, they carry valuable trinkets and trophies that can be removed from their kit and traded and bartered between worlds. I decided that this is the kind of mando that Karir would be. Always on the move, with many different rare and valuable trophies about her person.

I know most people go ahead and get approved with v1 of their armor, then build on it over time.. but I want to be difficult *lol* I want to get it at least 90% right the first time, then add small details over time - I know a mando is never truly finished.

Progress pics below!  Looking forward to the feedback :D
(you'll notice a few existing pieces have been revamped since their initial pics, some weathering still needs to be done to a lot of them)

- The start of my shins and the beginnings of modifying Hydra's Bo Katan chest plates

^ putting the shins together, you cut out 3 templates, 1 of foam and 2 sheets of worbla, stick them all together and it sets almost harder than ABS plastic.

- Weathering a flightsuit on freshly cut and wet grass - with a little help from my fiance - bwaha

- Boot armor - really stoked with how this is turning out.. still needs a little sanding and shaping. Worbla/Wonderflex is awesome fun to play with.

- The saber/fang knife with an ABS core and built up with fimo clay and leather (still needs some weathering around the wrap). For something shaped out of fimo then sanded, the serrated part is actually sharper than it looks.

And lastly my two favorite pieces..

- My beautiful Holsters, custom made by a dear friend who is a genius with leather - Thank you Dion!
So much love for these, they're exactly how I pictured them.

and

- Where the fox picture comes in.. a converted and weathered antique fox pelt, threadded through with porcupine quills and tipped with carved clay 'bones'. This will sit across my shoulders and down my back in place of a backplate.

I'll post up pics of my pouches once Ive weathered them a little and added some beading :)

Hope you enjoyed reading where Im up to :D
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2013, 07:43 PM by Tirilia »

Blackbird

• Awards Beastmaster Brigade Member
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: Jul 10, 2013, 07:57 PM »
This.  Is.  AWESOME.
Everything is looking so great.  The boot armor looks especially fantastic.  I love the spikes on the heels.  And those holsters are beautiful.
^ Poorly worded comment.
11/3/11
Merc #531

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
    • Sweet As Props
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: Jul 10, 2013, 08:01 PM »
That's all looking really really good so far! Like, really really good!
R.I.P Remo Jadd. You were among the best of us. Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum.

Swift

• (Klen'aka Vonshi)
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: Jul 10, 2013, 09:51 PM »
I was going to say "I love those boots" but then I realised I love all of it! Seriously amazing work vod :D
Beskar'gam  |  Buy'ce  |  Gallery

Mandalorian Mercs OM #769
The Elegant Mando's Tea Society #058
B.E.A.R.D.S #036

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: Jul 10, 2013, 11:00 PM »
I'm not sure this lady is capable of making anything that's NOT awesome.

I'm a little concerned about the use of Worbla... from what I have heard (note not used the stuff myself) it's less than ideal in the durability department. I hope you don't have any problems with it cos it's looking GREAT.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: Jul 11, 2013, 02:27 PM »
looking awesome vod ;)

M.A.J.I.C. #018   M.A.B.E.L. #011  M.A. #006  24er  The Elegant Mando's Tea Society #005  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Thaxos

• Moose'alor
  • The Original Mando Tough
  • Awards Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: Jul 12, 2013, 12:48 PM »
Looking excellent, keep the updates coming!
NOTE: On vacation July 22nd to 29th, response times slowed.
-----
Bearded Mando #000
-----
Mando Rider #003
-----
Name Change Requirements.
-----
Question, suggestion, concern, etc. about the forums?
Send me a PM!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!