Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Author Topic: Fem-mando Early Crusader (APPROVED)  (Read 88343 times)

Re: Fem-mando Early Crusader (BONE paint apps. pg.18)
« Reply #285 on: Feb 28, 2011, 06:06 PM »
I still love you. <3 lmao
I don't wanna change the world... I just want to leave it Colder.

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
    • Awards
Re: Fem-mando Early Crusader (painted RIPPER pg.20)
« Reply #286 on: Mar 04, 2011, 04:24 PM »
Okay so I'll let you decide, I may have gone a bit overboard. LOL I kinda like it though, it has the look I was after. With all the great techniques everyone shared I kinda applied most of them to the Blaster. Two different metallic rattle-cans by Testors-Graphine Dust and Diamond Dust, rubbed it down with some steel wool, black washed it, lit a cork and rubbed it all over (probably my favorite new technique learned, thanks Ajax!), rubbed some ground up charcoal all over it, and sprayed the barrel edge with some black flat paint.

Thanks again to all of you who helped me out with techniques, I really appreciate it.

« Reply #287 on: Mar 04, 2011, 05:15 PM »
Good job , look's heavy and metallic , i personally would have went darker , but I like It  ;D

P.s. Is there a spider in that brick ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57nmBBEYwlg

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
    • Awards
« Reply #288 on: Mar 04, 2011, 05:39 PM »
Rotfl, Kel you always crack me up.  :D

You would go darker with the whole thing? When I look at it in real life it's darker than the pic, more a gunmetal. I took it outside to get the light reflecting off it so you could see the metallic sheen it has to it. But the pic does wash it out a bit. I can post an adjusted pic as well if it'll help.

« Reply #289 on: Mar 04, 2011, 06:02 PM »
No need , it looks great  ;)

Ajax Kaal

• Forward, always forward!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
    • KSImagery Photography
    • Awards
« Reply #290 on: Mar 04, 2011, 10:24 PM »
Excellent job! You did a fantastic job with the weathering.

You are most welcome and glad the tips helped. Keep up the great work!

Ajax Kaal
Forward, always forward!
http://www.ksimageryphotography.com

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Awards
« Reply #291 on: Mar 04, 2011, 11:23 PM »
Yep that looks pretty metal to me :D

It does look a little plain though, all being the one colour. Are you planning on giving it some more? For example, I'd do a darker grip section.

Vash Bastra

• formerly newbeskargam
    • Awards
« Reply #292 on: Mar 05, 2011, 12:28 AM »
Yep that looks pretty metal to me :D

It does look a little plain though, all being the one colour. Are you planning on giving it some more? For example, I'd do a darker grip section.
^this. I LOVE the work you've done with it, and it's fine as is, but I think it would look better if it lookd like less one piece of metal and rather an assembly of parts, like many guns actually are. Different colored grip, slightly darker muzzle, some stuff lika that. but melikes how you have it now!
The trick isn't hiding from your prey
The trick is not needing to.

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
    • Awards
« Reply #293 on: Mar 05, 2011, 05:20 AM »
Oh yeah, it's not done. I was just getting feedback on the metal paint job. I plan on making a leather grip for the handle, I just haven't found all the leather's I'll be using yet. The barrel is actually slightly darker than the main body it just didn't show well in the pic, but I'm afraid to make it any darker, cause that would just be all black. There is a bit of red in the reference pic about where the exaggerated "h" groove is, I was thinking of doing some Mando'a text there maybe Ripper? Any suggestions.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Awards
« Reply #294 on: Mar 05, 2011, 07:56 AM »
that ripper is looking mighty good  ;)

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
    • Awards
« Reply #295 on: Mar 05, 2011, 08:55 AM »
Thanks everybody for the feedback on the Ripper so far. Moving on to the next business at hand, my axe should be completely painted in the next day or so and I wanted to start working on my backpack.

While looking at the Star Wars - Tales of the Jedi - The Sith War Comic I saw this guys backpack and liked it better than the round lifesaver looking ones.

Where I have the red arrows, I think this might be part of his shoulder and neck armor but, I'm not really sure.

So my question is, would it be fine to include those parts for my backpack design?

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Awards
« Reply #296 on: Mar 05, 2011, 09:01 AM »
I was about to say, if you can pull it off that will be awesome, but I already know you can. That WILL be awesome.

Yeah Mando'a text in red on the ripper will look cool, along with the leather wrappings.

« Reply #297 on: Mar 05, 2011, 11:29 AM »
Seugtai, any chance I could see a pic of how the Ripper looks in your hand? :)

Ajax Kaal

• Forward, always forward!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
    • KSImagery Photography
    • Awards
« Reply #298 on: Mar 05, 2011, 01:13 PM »
To answer your question about the back pack, yes you can. It is your backpack and your design, besides, I think it looks good with the way you have drawn it up. That will make a cool backpack system and can't wait to see it!

Keep up the great work.

Ajax Kaal
Forward, always forward!
http://www.ksimageryphotography.com

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
    • Awards
« Reply #299 on: Mar 05, 2011, 01:23 PM »
Ok after looking at the pic a couple of times now, I belive your right on the money with the backpack design.

Have a good one,
Hagen

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!