Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Author Topic: Fem-mando Early Crusader (APPROVED)  (Read 84782 times)

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
    • Awards
Re: Fem-mando Early Crusader (painted helmet pg.8)
« Reply #120 on: Dec 18, 2010, 11:10 AM »
I think I've hit the point where I like what I see when I look at it. I darkened the lower chiseled out area at the bottom of the helmet, added more shading to the horns, and darkened the crevice area around the raised portion of the "Y". I think if I keep fooling with it, it's just going to look over done. I also think I will be adding a satin sealer, I may try to mix it with a matte, hitting certain areas with the satin(high points, edges, etc.) and the lower laying areas with the matte. (Is this what you were referring to Tomoe?)

These have been enhanced so you see what I see when I look at it (the first is a bit lighter then the real one). In a regular picture, they look like my previous paint apps. in posts#113 and #116.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions everyone I really appreciate the time you take to make a reply.  :)

Hondo Karr

• Formerly 'Falin Skirata'
  • Head Shot Props formerly Skirata Arms
  • Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
    • Awards
Re: Fem-mando Early Crusader (re-painted helmet pg.9)
« Reply #121 on: Dec 18, 2010, 11:27 AM »
That thing really looks great!

« Reply #122 on: Dec 18, 2010, 11:50 AM »
Yes, that's what I meant. Fantastic combination of shape and paint now!
This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: Dec 18, 2010, 12:10 PM »
Thanks A'den and Tomoe you guys always seem to hit upon whatever it is that I just can't seem to place. Many Thanks!!!  ;D

Thanks Callista.  ;)

« Reply #125 on: Dec 22, 2010, 06:15 PM »
wow that looks sooooo cool.
work, work, work

Kora

• Queen of the Winter Harvest
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
    • Costuming Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: Dec 22, 2010, 06:17 PM »
That is all sorts of awesome. Wonderful job with the paint app.  :)
We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.
- Mal, "Firefly"

Kora Solusar/Tiika Ruslin/Vaya Sinar Mendrosč

lightning667

« Reply #127 on: Dec 22, 2010, 07:13 PM »
looks like you ripped off someones head and put a visor on it, it looks really good, looks alot like bone.

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: Jan 02, 2011, 03:26 PM »
looks like you ripped off someones head and put a visor on it, it looks really good, looks alot like bone.

^^ This, love it! ha ha, thanks!

Small update- I just ordered a custom visor from T-visor.com (so I'm waiting on that) Also waiting on some horse hair for the helmet.     Gonna start my axe here in the next couple of days (in the middle of moving) so hopefully I'll have something up soon.

And thanks everybody for all the great comments!

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: Jan 03, 2011, 01:30 PM »
that helmet looks fantastic  ;)

« Reply #130 on: Jan 03, 2011, 02:13 PM »
Any chance of a pic to see what it looks like on you? ;D

Taglar Dreskk

• Jon Nichols
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: Jan 03, 2011, 03:46 PM »
Awesome work on the paint detail!  I go without checking the thread for a few weeks, come back, and you've already got it all painted up.  Nice work!  Looks exactly as I imagined it should.  If this is what you've come up with for the helmet I can't wait to see your execution of the rest of the costume.  This is going to be a stellar build!

MERC #0008 | MAJIC #0012 | VRCA #0018 | BEARDS #0003
Mercs Codex Review Comittee 2013-Present
Rancor Clan Ruus'alor 2013-Present
Mercs Forum Administrator / Communications Officer 2007-2012
Founding Member of Rancor Clan
36 career invasions

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: Jan 04, 2011, 09:31 AM »
I found myself going "awh" (girlie moment) after I read your post Taglar, thanks, your words really touched me. Now I really hope I don't disappoint with the rest of the build!

Also thanks for the comment remo, I always like to hear it looks good from an app. team member.

And Callista...maybe when I get it all done, still got a bit to finish up on it.  ;)

Frost K'Amon

• We will bury them!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: Jan 04, 2011, 09:45 AM »
Slow and steady certainly wins the race here. this helmet looks phenomenal, and the time you've spent on the paintr clearly shows. A job very well done, and I look forward to the rest of the kit.

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
    • Awards
Re: Fem-mando Early Crusader
« Reply #134 on: Jan 07, 2011, 12:38 PM »
Okay I started my axe build. (Had planned to construct it out of pink foam, but could never find a definitive answer on what could be used to strengthen it without melting it, so I went the cardboard route.)

To start I printed the picture out and used my little projector to blow it up to the size I wanted and traced it out on some of my drafting paper.

Remember this is just the base, it's a little rough so be kind.  ;)  It measures 45" length wise and 19" across the blades.

Edit-Added those missing pieces.

So what do you think?
I will be fiberglass taping, fiber-glassing, and bondoing it as well.

Thanks Frost, slow and steady is the "only" speed this build will have, since I will be sewing and scratch building everything myself, except my boots. lol  ;)

« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2011, 02:22 PM by seugtai »

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!