So to bring this thread back to life, I figured I'd share what I threw together while I await the orders for the M-DSB to die down. The helmet I built? Yeah... Well my brother dropped it about 2 weeks after I failed to sell it, and I don't just mean a little drop. It fell off a roof (don't ask) and had several chips and a few major cracks. So a few days ago I decided to fix it and do a little paint experiment. I've never really done weathering like this before, so please forgive the awfulness, but at least now I know how to do it correctly! I found a link on here to some Halo armor being painted on Youtube and decided to give the heavy black primer and then wipe approach. I started out okay and then decided to go heavier as I noticed it wiped off easier the heavier it went on. Unforunately, I tried it over and over again in the same spot and it stained black. Oh well. Live and learn. It was just sitting around as scrap anyways. Now when I get my M-DSB I'll be able to paint it... well if not perfect, at least good. So here's what I got.
Since I'm so selfish, I'm going to say that this guy inspired the airborne clones to paint they're armor like this, but realistically I just love that paint scheme so I tried it on a mando bucket. So that's it. Also, I got all of my armor templates put on flattened 4" PVC ready for cutting but my dremel charger quit so I'm awaiting a new charger or new jigsaw blades. Also, my vest is almost done, just a few fitting issues to fix. I'll post those up soon but I'm not dead for anybody that checked this out before.