Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Author Topic: Planet Comicon '11 - Overland Park, KS - Mar 26-27, 2011 - MMCC  (Read 9052 times)

Gabrin Kinoda

• House Manager, Ohld Vart's So. Beach LadyBoy Revue
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Awards
Re: Planet Comicon '11 - Overland Park, KS - Mar 26-27, 2011 - MMCC
« Reply #30 on: Jan 14, 2011, 03:00 PM »
Kantis--
I'm going to shoot Chris Jackson an email (unless someone else already has?) about the tables. I got the application he sent for Artists Alley, which says 4' tables are $80 each, but in the accompanying email, he says the tables are 6'. That, and I don't think the price is that high for fan tables.

------------

Council Advisor, 2007-2012

Ajax Kaal

• Forward, always forward!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
    • KSImagery Photography
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: Jan 15, 2011, 05:59 PM »
That is something I have been thinking of the past couple of days is are we going to have a table at the con?

Ajax Kaal
Forward, always forward!
http://www.ksimageryphotography.com

BedlamX

• Reconciler
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • BedlamX FB
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: Jan 28, 2011, 03:09 PM »
Just got a reply from Darryl that he would be happy (and honored) to share a table with the Mercs again at PCC this year. I may get to spend more time there than I had originally thought since our on-call rotation has changed a bit. Just going to be a pretty much last minute deal if I know which way it all goes, though.
"Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when

Gabrin Kinoda

• House Manager, Ohld Vart's So. Beach LadyBoy Revue
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: Jan 28, 2011, 03:39 PM »
Still no response from Chris Jackson.  >:(  May have to work some other contacts...

But yes, we WILL have a table at PCC. No doubts about that.

------------

Council Advisor, 2007-2012

Ajax Kaal

• Forward, always forward!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
    • KSImagery Photography
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: Jan 28, 2011, 10:59 PM »
Excellent! Then my original plan of having my version of the E-Web done by then will keep my going...I hope to have it all completed and done and ready for the table area. That is if you guys don't mind me bringing it and having it at the table...  :) and get enough spare money to get it finished...

Here is the WIP for it...
http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=34452.0

Ajax.
Ajax Kaal
Forward, always forward!
http://www.ksimageryphotography.com

« Reply #35 on: Jan 29, 2011, 12:28 AM »
Are we going to have the Bounty Hunt again and shall I bring my cell?

I think I might be related to Scorch, or maybe Fi.
How do you say "smartass" in Mando'a?

Mir'ika Tarvos

• Exit light, enter night.
    • My Myspace Page
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: Jan 29, 2011, 06:50 PM »
I just checked the PCC site again and see that Tom Kane will be there again!  ;D
"Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."--Karen Traviss, Bloodlines

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream; I'm nothing in-between."

« Reply #37 on: Jan 30, 2011, 02:44 PM »
Oh good, because I just ordered his Honorary Member Badge.

What is everyone thinking about hotels?

Zevlar Rayco

• MMCC197 M.A.J.I.C 59
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: Jan 31, 2011, 01:51 AM »
we're still up in the air if we're staying with someone or doing the hotel thing. I'll know more as it gets closer
"Let your woes become your deadliest weapons."

« Reply #39 on: Jan 31, 2011, 08:37 AM »
I'm thinking that hotels cam be very comfy and a great place to relax after a long day of trooping....

Pyr Landis

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: Feb 04, 2011, 09:43 AM »
The Bounty Hunt is a good thing.  Although if there is a way to make it a bit more organized than last year, that might be good.  Last year there were also a few people, not comprehending what we were talking about at first, but I never had any bad-sports about it though.

We do have a backdrop lined up for our booth as well.  We have the LAAT gunship backdrop of the Warwolves.  And I have a helmet rack ready to go, that sits on the table and holds 4 helmets.
Mercs Wiki Entry: Pyr Landis

Clan Wiki Entry: Yustapir Clan

FanFic:  You Got A Deal

Darian Ordo

• Awards
« Reply #41 on: Feb 06, 2011, 10:26 AM »
One of the biggest problems we had starting out with the Bounty Hunt last year was it was not announced at the begining of the con and there was no explination in the program guide.  It wasn't until I got ahold of the announcement microphone and made a con wide announcement about it that we started getting good bounties.

This year we need to hook up with the coordinators early and make sure that we make at least two to three announcments both days to make sure there is alot of interest.
Don't try running, you'll only give me a better story!

« Reply #42 on: Feb 10, 2011, 11:51 PM »
Mir'shebs.
I'm thinking that hotels cam be very comfy and a great place to relax after a long day of trooping....

The wife is looking at Embassy Suites, online rate of about $84 for a king size room, versus the con rate of $89 at Aloft at Leewood (all acording to her, I haven't looked at anything yet).

Darian Ordo

• Awards
« Reply #43 on: Feb 11, 2011, 04:33 PM »
I spoke with Darryl Wood on Wednesday night about the table situation and he is wanting to be with us again this year.  He said he was going to go to the comic book shop yesterday and pay for his tables and was willing to front the money for our tables at the same time or this weekend to make sure we are together.  I told him if possible could he see if he could get us in the same area as last year since the corner worked great for the jail cell.  He said he would see what he could do.

From what he knew at this time the tables were 80 each and he is willing to front the money but will need to be reimbursed for the two for us.  I will cut him a check and get it out to him the weekend for ours once he gets me a total but I may need to get at least a bit of help in recouping our personal finances afterwards.  Im not asking for a whole bunch of money and am willing to pay for one whole table but if the rest of the clan and Nolef could kick in a few bucks to cover the other it would be greatly appreciated.

Ill post more once I hear back from Darryl.

I do have the old promo items that he did for us last year and will look into getting some more printed up that we can hand out along with whatever other business cards and brochures we are wanting to keep on the table.  If someone else can take point on those other items it would be great.
Don't try running, you'll only give me a better story!

Pyr Landis

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: Feb 11, 2011, 04:42 PM »
Darian, I'll help you out with the recoup.

Any idea how many brochures we had last year and how quick we went through them? 
I can go by Kinkos or somewhere and get some of the two sided color copies made.  I should probably do a bunch this coming week and take some to Visioncon next weekend.
Mercs Wiki Entry: Pyr Landis

Clan Wiki Entry: Yustapir Clan

FanFic:  You Got A Deal

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!