Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Author Topic: Riya's Soft Parts  (Read 821 times)

Riya Morut

• Ree-yuh, not rye-uh. MAJIC 019
    • Awards
Riya's Soft Parts
« on: Mar 14, 2010, 01:09 AM »
Hello hello!  First up, for Christmas I asked for (and received!) one of Mar'eycey's lovely vests.

There was a problem, though...from the time I sent in my measurements to the time I received my vest, I lost 6 pounds!  I never noticed the difference (my clothes still fit exactly the same), but it definitely made the vest fit loosely.

To fix this problem, I went to a wonderful tailor who took it in for me.  (Thank you, Mr. Benony!)

Here's my "flight suit".  It's basically sweat pants and a slinky top that matches.  I'm hoping to find something better in the future, but this works for now.

For a kama, I found pleather that matches my armor plates perfectly!  To line it, I found a gray fabric.

And...I only have one pouch at the moment.  I'm waiting for more gray ones to show up at Suzy's Surplus. :)

Feedback is appreciated!
Normal people never do anything of note, nothing magnificent or world-changing or on the knife-edge of risk. ~IC: 501st

Only a Mando would create a musical instrument that doubled as a weapon. ~IC: 501ST

Fanfic found here:http://mercs.

Re: Riya's Soft Parts
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2010, 07:37 PM »
Your soft stuff looks really good (especially that vest)!  Is the pleather textured or just printed to have lines in it?  And on a side note, why does Lee Adama look like he's about to puke?

Riya Morut

• Ree-yuh, not rye-uh. MAJIC 019
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2010, 09:01 PM »
The blue pleather is textured.  The gray fabric is pretty thin; I only chose it for color. 

Here's another belt I ordered; it came in sometime over Spring Break.  Yay for cheap stuff on e-bay!

And I didn't know that was Lee Adama; I wasn't really watching the TV when I was taking pictures.  :)
Normal people never do anything of note, nothing magnificent or world-changing or on the knife-edge of risk. ~IC: 501st

Only a Mando would create a musical instrument that doubled as a weapon. ~IC: 501ST

Fanfic found here:http://mercs.

« Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 2010, 11:45 AM »
Your soft parts are looking great and they're really coming together!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!