Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Author Topic: Tempest of K'Amon (Alias Hastur C'Tan)  (Read 2818 times)

Fenris Hettir'eso

• There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
    • Awards
Re: Tempest of K'Amon (Alias Hastur C'Tan)
« Reply #15 on: Jun 01, 2010, 09:31 PM »
I'm with McCoy on this one  ;D

Seriously though, I was thinking along the same lines as Tag. I was kind of thinking of segmented armor attached to your back plate, down your lower back, and then a butt plate. Also, if you eventually go your Tron inspired route, some EL wire down the back and back of your legs will make things more interesting than just your butt alone.
We shall bear its weight together.
Forged like the saber in the fires of death, Brothers all.
VODE AN

Frost K'Amon

• We will bury them!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: Jun 01, 2010, 09:47 PM »
I'm with McCoy on this one  ;D

Seriously though, I was thinking along the same lines as Tag. I was kind of thinking of segmented armor attached to your back plate, down your lower back, and then a butt plate. Also, if you eventually go your Tron inspired route, some EL wire down the back and back of your legs will make things more interesting than just your butt alone.

I actually cant. EL wire cant go on the suit because, if it is flexed to much, it breaks the circuit and stops glowing. In order to get the wetsuit off, I basically have to turn it inside out, which definately bends the bajessus out of it. I'll probably do the butt-plate thing.

Riv Serulius

• Yub Yub
  • Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: Jun 02, 2010, 09:07 AM »
I've always liked the colors of Tempest since you posted up the drawings.

I think the railgun needs a few more greebles.  Just minor things, like washers or nuts that could be glued on and then painted over, so they appear to be part of the construction.  Mainly just needs more texturing and contrast.  Maybe if the gun had a diagonal black stripe painted along the barrel or something, similar to the armor scheme.

Frost K'Amon

• We will bury them!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: Jun 02, 2010, 10:19 AM »
I've always liked the colors of Tempest since you posted up the drawings.

I think the railgun needs a few more greebles.  Just minor things, like washers or nuts that could be glued on and then painted over, so they appear to be part of the construction.  Mainly just needs more texturing and contrast.  Maybe if the gun had a diagonal black stripe painted along the barrel or something, similar to the armor scheme.

Yeah, the gun needs a lot more work. I ran out of time to paint it, but hopefully I'll be able to get some more done soon.

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: Jun 02, 2010, 09:13 PM »
and also, the plates look awesome
This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Frost K'Amon

• We will bury them!
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: Jun 03, 2010, 03:12 PM »
and also, the plates look awesome

:D I try. People kept giving me flack about ironman when I posted the design, but no one even mentioned him at the con, so people are obviously wrong.

Calidus Dartome

• Saved a step...
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: Jun 03, 2010, 04:05 PM »
:D I try. People kept giving me flack about ironman when I posted the design, but no one even mentioned him at the con, so people are obviously wrong.

Iron man has got nothing on mandos!

Spanner Murraan

• Paint Gun Gangster.
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: Jun 10, 2010, 02:07 PM »
"Tempest" as in Aqua Lad?

just kidding, i couldnt hide my comic nerd-dom. 

Lookin Great, Frost.

VP of M.A.N.T.A. - Mandalorians Against Ninja-Themed Armor.

Leadership isn't about firing bullets and stabbing people. It's about being able to tell others to fire bullets and stab people.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!