Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Author Topic: Dryl Thrysa's first build  (Read 5912 times)

Re: Dryl Thrysa's first build
« Reply #30 on: Jun 13, 2010, 05:10 PM »
Hey McCoy, as a former AT-AT pilot, Dryl believes there's no such thing as a gun too big or too much armor. Would a double barrel pulse rifle be a bit overkill?

Here's my boot armor just finished around 3ish this morning.
Tsikala bal Verburyc

Ke'nari ori ra ke'slana yaim

helmet 65-70%
armor 75%
soft parts 15%
weapons 50 %
boots 0%

« Reply #31 on: Jun 15, 2010, 12:33 AM »
Here's a pic of a impromptu test fit of the collar and chest armor. I'm thinking the collar is too wide as it keeps my shoulders from moving properly if I try to bring both hands in front of me. Where should I trim to not inhibit movement?

Tsikala bal Verburyc

helmet 65-70%
armor 75%
soft parts 15%
weapons 50 %
boots 0%

Hondo Karr

• Formerly 'Falin Skirata'
  • Head Shot Props formerly Skirata Arms
  • Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: Jun 15, 2010, 11:47 AM »
Hey XD, that's just the ature of the armor. The armor doesnt look too large at all. In fact, I would say it's at least 2 sizes to small for your body. Before you go any further, if your intent is to eventually apply with this set, you need to scrap whatever youve done so far and redo it much larger.

« Reply #33 on: Jun 15, 2010, 01:10 PM »
Yikes  :o
Tsikala bal Verburyc

helmet 65-70%
armor 75%
soft parts 15%
weapons 50 %
boots 0%

« Reply #34 on: Jun 15, 2010, 08:21 PM »
Hey XD, that's just the ature of the armor. The armor doesnt look too large at all. In fact, I would say it's at least 2 sizes to small for your body. Before you go any further, if your intent is to eventually apply with this set, you need to scrap whatever youve done so far and redo it much larger.

I was using WOF Jango XL templates & the collar seemed too wide to start with so I took a chunk out of the center. I have another collar cut out in the basement that I can start from scratch with.
The chest plates need to be bigger which way, longer or wider? I'm confident in the rest as I redrew the templates to fit my big shebs'd lower legs
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2010, 05:22 PM by CraxyD »
Tsikala bal Verburyc

helmet 65-70%
armor 75%
soft parts 15%
weapons 50 %
boots 0%

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: Jun 15, 2010, 09:02 PM »
They need to be longer and wider... not to sound mean but honestly, those look child sized. I would say print them up i the WOF Xl templates then tape the paper to your body and take a pic. At that point we can tell you to go larger or smaller.

Arden Fisk

• I R MANDO IRL
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Sistine Chest Plate - Official Member with most intricate paint job Deathwatch Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: Jun 15, 2010, 09:44 PM »
Yeah, those plates look super small on you.  Listen to Aden.   ;D
-Abby Lusk (MMCC Official Member #81)
Quartermaster for the MMCC 2009-May 2013

Slade Kel (Marrok)

• Is in a Southern State of Mind
  • Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: Jun 15, 2010, 11:23 PM »
I have to second that sentiment (or third it :P). Those plates look kinda teensy. A lot of us need to tweak the templates. Personally, I have to take the general width of the XL, but make the length from top-to-bottom somewhere between medium and large, 'cos I'm short and stocky.

On topic of the collar; if it's properly sized, it's going to limit your arm movement somewhat. To reach across, you sort of have to bring your arms down to sternum or stomach level. Or, you could do what some of us have and segment the collar plate. It still holds to the standard look, more or less, but adds that little bit of extra flexibility.

Ben: What do we do now? Lob a baradium missile at it?
Luke: Do we have a baradium missile?
Ben: Sorry, Uncle Han said it was always a good idea to have one--
Luke: Your uncle isn't a jedi. I wish you'd remember that.

« Reply #38 on: Jun 16, 2010, 12:22 AM »
Time to break the graph paper, straight edge & the mechanical pencil back out!
Tsikala bal Verburyc

helmet 65-70%
armor 75%
soft parts 15%
weapons 50 %
boots 0%

« Reply #39 on: Jun 16, 2010, 12:38 AM »
Time to break the graph paper, straight edge & the mechanical pencil back out!

That's the spirit man, keep it up!

I had to resort to getting the templates from A'den for Legacy style armor... But I think you can make the standard Fett fit!
This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

« Reply #40 on: Jun 17, 2010, 12:49 PM »
Here's a resized blank for a collar with the chest plates I have finished

Here's the same collar with a new size of chest plate. Yes, I know the center diamond will need to be remade for this size. I just didn't bother cutting one out.

Which is acceptable?
Tsikala bal Verburyc

helmet 65-70%
armor 75%
soft parts 15%
weapons 50 %
boots 0%

Hondo Karr

• Awards
« Reply #41 on: Jun 17, 2010, 01:57 PM »
the collars cool, the chest plates are still way udersized.

« Reply #42 on: Jun 17, 2010, 02:36 PM »
the collars cool, the chest plates are still way udersized.

Too short or narrow?
Tsikala bal Verburyc

helmet 65-70%
armor 75%
soft parts 15%
weapons 50 %
boots 0%

Baelin Halon

• Light it up Blue!!!
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
    • Clan Murraan
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: Jun 17, 2010, 03:03 PM »
They are too short.
Looking at your pattern, if your usin the WOF XL template, you are either 8ft tall, or your printer is reducing the size.
Here's a quick pic I took during a test fitting (so ignore how the collar's crooked). 
To give you a size reference These are WOF XL. I'm 6' and 250 lbs. 48/50 inch chest
The curve created at the bottom fo the chest plates follows my ribcage.

On a side note, Baelin wonders how long it will take his clan to kick his shebs for painting his trademark red armor blue.
M.A.F.I.A. Co-Founder  M.A.N.T.A. Member

« Reply #44 on: Jun 17, 2010, 04:39 PM »
My printer reduced the size I think. I'm drawing them by hand now, so here we go with take 3... BrB
Tsikala bal Verburyc

helmet 65-70%
armor 75%
soft parts 15%
weapons 50 %
boots 0%

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!