Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Author Topic: Saz Vok'Chi WIP thread (Approved and now onto improvements).  (Read 12553 times)

Synn

• AKA Shev Lan
    • Awards
Re: My attempt at armour
« Reply #30 on: Jan 23, 2010, 05:34 AM »
Yes we are lol :)

looking great Saz

IMO I prefer to keep patterns symetrical unless there is a story to go with the differences (a shoulder bell was from a deceased family member etc) but it all looks really good and is comin along nicely :)

aruetiise murcyur ner shebs
Jar'ika ner vod'ika darasuum, Oya!

Saz

• I see moose people...
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Best Blaster - Official Member with best looking Verpine Shatter Rifle Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: Jan 23, 2010, 07:54 AM »
A few people agree with you on that, so I'll get round to painting it once I have gotten some helmets done, the weather is mild enough to finish off my fiberglassing and I have a standard helmet to box up for a trip to Germany, with a second one bound for Germany in the trimming stage and one destined for France to be cast.

Busy day today, but since my services are no longer required with wrestling, I have a lot more time on my hands.

Which reminds me...
]
Helmet builder and custom Maker, PM me for details or click here.

I am NOT a Moose!

« Reply #32 on: Jan 24, 2010, 11:01 PM »
Looking good there, Saz! You may have a bucket that you'll need to ship to Malaysia soon! LOL! ;D
This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Saz

• I see moose people...
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Best Blaster - Official Member with best looking Verpine Shatter Rifle Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: Jan 30, 2010, 08:32 AM »
Nice to know :)

Anyhoo, I've managed to find time to fiberglass the chest plates, so will be ready soon with the cold cast remedy :)
]

I am NOT a Moose!

« Reply #34 on: Jan 31, 2010, 02:15 AM »
Great! ;D
This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

« Reply #35 on: Jan 31, 2010, 06:37 PM »
Saz,

I'm really impressed with the work you've done so far :D

Keep up the good work.

Oh and yeah we ARE awesome in the UK :)
Founding member of the Vok'Chi

Saz

• I see moose people...
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: Feb 02, 2010, 12:50 PM »
Bloody dremel's gone and died on me :(

Ah well, just had to buy a brand spanking new cordless one instead, as they say in those l'oreal ads, I'm worth it! :)

First coat of cold cast has gone onto the chest pieces, will allow to cure before putting the second coat on.

I am at the stage where I think I might attempt a helmet cold cast, I'm nearly finished with the 10th Krayt and after that I am dealing with the people who are saving, so I can probably use the Krayt mold.
]

I am NOT a Moose!

« Reply #37 on: Feb 02, 2010, 02:06 PM »
cant wait to see this excellent set complete and cant wait to start trooping alongside you :D

« Reply #38 on: Feb 02, 2010, 02:59 PM »
cold cast krayt, sounds amazing, get that done as soon as possible cant wait to see it.
Dar'ramaanyc adol kyr'am. Ori'mirdala.
Immortality through Death. How ironic.

V2 Armour progress Thread: Here

Saz

• I see moose people...
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: Feb 03, 2010, 07:03 AM »
It is quite exciting :)

Well my Dremel turned up, God bless Amazon prime! Not quite Optimus Prime, but close!!!! :D

Going to post Druan's bucket, then glass the last Krayt, then put the second coat on my chest plates.
]

I am NOT a Moose!

« Reply #40 on: Feb 03, 2010, 07:57 AM »
Good to know! :D

Saz

• I see moose people...
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: Feb 03, 2010, 02:19 PM »
Right,

The 10th Krayt bucket is now out of the mold and I've made a start, I've put a brass cold cast and painted it into the dragon, I'll be trimming off the overspill when it cures a little.

A second coat to ensure that I'll have something to sand back and then I'll be going mental with the aluminium :)

I've put the second coat on my chest plates and I'll wait for them to fully cure before I sand them.

Pictures when I get time :)
]

I am NOT a Moose!

« Reply #42 on: Feb 04, 2010, 04:07 AM »
Take your time, vod! :D

Gunr Sage

• The Starhammer
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: Feb 04, 2010, 06:11 AM »
Looking good there Saz. I'm especially interested in seeing how this comes together for you since I'm a bigger guy myself. Have you learned anything in adjusting for size that you wish you'd have known when you started (and can pass on)?
Soldier, Mercenary, Terrorist, Freedom Fighter, Pirate, Security Guard, Thief, Cop, Bodyguard, Assassin, Smuggler, Bounty Hunter... I'm all of these and more - I'm Mandalorian.

Saz

• I see moose people...
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: Feb 04, 2010, 06:49 AM »
Hmm,

The only advice I can give you really is Match the plates to your body with a paper set first, once the paper set looks ok on you, then use them as the template to cut out your plastic.

It all keys down to the vest fitting you correctly, in fact I would say the vest is the most important part of the outfit, without it, you can't fit your plates, so concentrate on getting your vest right and ask someone who can use a sewing machine to help you.
]

I am NOT a Moose!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!