so this is gonna be my Armor progress thread I guess.
first the chest pieces
I used leftover Styrene from a previous project, and didn't have any scraps big enough for the breast plates and ab plate to be the right size. so they were cut in pieces. I'm probably going to glue the breast pieces together for a more traditional modern era look, although still very clearly modified. and I want to leave the ab plate segmented because I think it looks cool. I also need to do final trimming and shaping once everything is able to be mocked up on my body. I can already tell things won't line up perfect as is.
Next I have a shin piece
its an old ice hockey shin guard from when I was younger That I chopped. I need to fill in the slots where it used to be held on with strips (because I've never seen any other mando armor with those slots) and I want to re shape the edges a little. It shouldn't look much different from alot of others shin plates after that work. so I imagine it won't be dinged for looking to much like sports armor. I could be wrong though. if so I will most likely go buy a large PVC pipe to cut up for these. but my plan is to buy as little as possible for the build and use junk I have around the house. so I'd rather not go that route if I can help it.
Next I have a segmented Bicep plate.
I think this piece came out real cool looking. I will need to trim the top once I have the shoulder bells figured out so that it doesn't stick up to close to it and bang it all the time. this was made with baseball cap brims. I went to the Goodwill/Salvation Army/donation funded thrift store. and bought out a few for $1 apiece ripped all the fabric off and had plastic segments already in the perfect shape. this method would work great for Samurai costumes I would think. well thanks for looking feedback is welcome and I will update as I go along.