Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Author Topic: Inside your buy'ce  (Read 35321 times)

Elainya

Re: Inside your buy'ce
« Reply #60 on: Mar 06, 2009, 08:16 PM »
Yeah that's the one. Sticky-sweet fiberglass.  It's faded a little with time, but it's still pretty bad. 

As for the microphone, is it something that you speak directly into, or can you hook it up anywhere in the helmet and have it pick up your voice?

Slade Kel (Marrok)

• Is in a Southern State of Mind
  • Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: Mar 06, 2009, 08:36 PM »
There are usually two methods of microphone: either a headset that you angle near your mouth, or one mounted on the front of the inside, more or less lined up with your cake-hole (I know, it's supposed to be pie-hole, but I like cake ;D)...it all depends on the sensitivity of the mic.

Ben: What do we do now? Lob a baradium missile at it?
Luke: Do we have a baradium missile?
Ben: Sorry, Uncle Han said it was always a good idea to have one--
Luke: Your uncle isn't a jedi. I wish you'd remember that.

Hondo Karr

• Formerly 'Falin Skirata'
  • Head Shot Props formerly Skirata Arms
  • Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: Mar 06, 2009, 08:37 PM »
slade's got it. as for the smell, paint the interior and it should be fine.

Kael A'den

• Baremetal Mando
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: Mar 26, 2009, 08:13 PM »
The inside of A'den's buy'ce almost looks as good as the outside.
If only you could make that stuff functional! Pretty sexy I must say. My helmet is currently covered in bondo and superglue, nothing but little bits of epoxy inside of it =P
Seeing this thread makes me understand the main differences between the quality of helmets - god the nice ones make some great stuff ^^

I'm working with a rubies jango 2 piece and having a hell of a time =P

Jonas Isdia Neravar

• "Shoot to kill....Aim to live."
    • JonasIsdia on YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: Apr 29, 2009, 03:22 PM »
I have a bucket, but its fairly primitive.....and I would like to know how to build a fan to place inside of it
Armor progress:
Helmet--97%
Torso Armor--100%
Gaunts--95%
Cuisse--0%
Greaves--100%
Soft parts--100%
Weapons--80%

Slade Kel (Marrok)

• Is in a Southern State of Mind
  • Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: Apr 29, 2009, 07:04 PM »
You don't really build a fan. As has been mentioned, hit your local electronics store and pick up one of the small computer fans, no more than an inch square. There are a couple of electronics tutorials floating around that explain how to wire one into a nine volt battery, or even to set up a series with a couple nine-volts.

Ben: What do we do now? Lob a baradium missile at it?
Luke: Do we have a baradium missile?
Ben: Sorry, Uncle Han said it was always a good idea to have one--
Luke: Your uncle isn't a jedi. I wish you'd remember that.

Jacyn Snow

• The sand remembers...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: Apr 30, 2009, 12:47 AM »
lol well guess i should get rid of mine then cuz my fan is like an inch and a half lol huge anyway  but hopefully will surculate air great  ;D
My honor is my life Ner ijaat cuyi ner bajur

AKA Jordan Masters

Ly'Caon Adenn

• You have a target for me?
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: Apr 30, 2009, 03:11 AM »
mine is simple, three skateboarder's helmet pads two for the crown, one on top. and duct tape holding it all in.

Gar taldin ni jaonyc; gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la. "Bloodline is not important, but you as a father are the most valuable thing."

Jonas Isdia Neravar

• "Shoot to kill....Aim to live."
    • JonasIsdia on YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: Aug 31, 2009, 10:07 PM »
thanks falco, I'll post a pic once I get all my stuff inside my helmet.....corrected. I pulled a fan from an old laptop (its neat because it has a vent on it so it pushes the air up through the helmet), and I have a listening device but.....well...the mic fell off it, and I broke that one trying to sauder it back on...and the new mic isn't working with the wireing
Armor progress:
Helmet--97%
Torso Armor--100%
Gaunts--95%
Cuisse--0%
Greaves--100%
Soft parts--100%
Weapons--80%

« Reply #69 on: Nov 12, 2009, 01:57 PM »
On;y my head for inside my buy'ce.
 No 'tronics or padding.  It's the one peice rubies cuz' its the on;y one that'll fit my small head.:-/   Tiny person wee lil' head.  I'd like to place some 'tronics. Fans, mic, etc.  Maybe cut some extra vent holes so I don't die in there.:-)

Kebii'tra Verda

• Formerly "Jaiden Turr'n"
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
    • The Mandalorian Arsenal
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: Nov 12, 2009, 02:41 PM »
I would suggest cutting out the keyholes in the back as a start. It'll give you a little relief.

David.

Click the pic for the TMA Website.
Facebook page
DW and NiO helmets now sold by TMA!

#0127 Jaiden Turr'n
#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond

C1RCA/Circa

• name the target and it shale die
    • facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: Nov 29, 2009, 03:02 AM »
mine

Simo Vandorak

• M.A.D. 007 "Vandorak. Simo, Vandorak"
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: Nov 29, 2009, 05:59 AM »
Are those Stormrider interiors? I still can't decde what to do for my interiors.
Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum: Charles, Edwin, Mandy, Shanti, Charley, Missy

"In my experience, vod, there are two things that have remained constant and infinite: human pettiness and human stupidity. High explosives solve both." ~ Buurenaar B'enceri

"When you can't run anymore: you crawl. And when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you." Tracey, Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Zoe Washburn ~ Firefly

« Reply #73 on: Nov 29, 2009, 11:56 AM »
Jaiden,
I was going to slice the keyholes, then modify the checks and install screens like the gentleman who made the Kryt dragon buy'ce.
Circa,  nice inside.  How's the tempreture and air circulation?

Simo Vandorak

• M.A.D. 007 "Vandorak. Simo, Vandorak"
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: Nov 29, 2009, 03:37 PM »
Jaiden,
I was going to slice the keyholes, then modify the checks and install screens like the gentleman who made the Krayt dragon buy'ce.
That would be A'den Skirata.
Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum: Charles, Edwin, Mandy, Shanti, Charley, Missy

"In my experience, vod, there are two things that have remained constant and infinite: human pettiness and human stupidity. High explosives solve both." ~ Buurenaar B'enceri

"When you can't run anymore: you crawl. And when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you." Tracey, Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Zoe Washburn ~ Firefly

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!