Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Author Topic: New York Comic Con NYCC - New York, NY - Oct 8-10, 2010 - MMCC  (Read 8483 times)

Solus Kyr

• ONE END
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • TNXB
    • Awards
Re: New York Comic Con NYCC - New York, NY - Oct 8-10, 2010 - MMCC
« Reply #15 on: Oct 23, 2009, 02:49 PM »
They need to check / redo those dates... Not good.

This was Me & Gail @ new york con last year.

Along with Shukur A'denla Skirata

Canderous Falco

• Bringing class to NY one Mando at a time....
    • Photobucket
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: Dec 29, 2009, 06:41 PM »
This looks like fun, and I should actually be at home (in NY) when it happens... I'm new on this site and to this group, though, so... what clan/organization(s) cover the NY/New England area? I've seen all these clan crests and whatnot, and I'm not sure who I need to talk to in NY. ???

« Reply #17 on: Dec 29, 2009, 09:05 PM »
is there any planning for NYCC? (lodging, group dinner, group photos, fan table?) We still plan to attend. also attending C5 and SDCC 2010, Phx Con 2010) Busy year.

Mandalore the Uniter

• Be an example for others.
  • Uniting the faithful.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
    • Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: Dec 30, 2009, 07:53 AM »
I will be talking to the NYCC honchos at CV (since it's run by the same people) to find out what we can do to get a presence at NYCC.  In the past, they have not had a fan table policy and have wanted groups to pay for the tables.  I personally think this is not the proper way to treat fan groups as we bring not only our members to the convention (who still have to pay to get in) but also fans of the group who want to come see us.

« Reply #19 on: Dec 30, 2009, 08:03 AM »
oh, wow, thats nuts. I wasn't aware of that. I thought they were the same folks as SDCC. And, sadly, I can't put to much weight on this con of planning or even volenteering much. My best friend from Germany is coming out and we're spending a lot of time together. And there are so many Mercs Xyon and I want to hangout with out of CC. Most of them are from secondlife mercs. We gatta meet up and get into legal trouble! j/k! na, we have just gotten very close friends and have to meet up face to face. We'll be good Novall..i hope! planning to see my sister in Jersey as well..gannabe a busy visit to NY for us. oh boy!

closer to that time, we'll have more of a sched to go by. We are getting a table for Slave Leia costuming group as well we hope.

Canderous Falco

• Photobucket
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: Dec 31, 2009, 05:46 AM »
cough-cough... Yes, do keep us informed on the Slave Leia costuming group... *trying to look as innocent as possible*... :D

This all sounds really cool, though, and I cant wait to try it out (this will be my first CC)!!

Zammap

• MandoMaker Creator
  • "Go…get…borked"
    • Online portfolio
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: Jan 01, 2010, 04:42 AM »
08 had a strong leia presnce at NYCC but sadly this year (09) had only like 4 slave leia
D:
Hope you can bring them all out again for 2010

I personally will be relaxing in the comforts of my own home  :P not much planning for me.
Gonna buy my tickets soon

YEY you get to find out how annoying I really am!

Hondo Falco

• AKA GrayFox
  • Armor Weapons and Soft Parts at 100%
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: Jan 02, 2010, 10:40 AM »

I personally will be relaxing in the comforts of my own home  :P not much planning for me.
Gonna buy my tickets soon

So when do tickets go on sale?  I cant wait for this.  Sadly it may be the only one I get to do this year.  Not too many things happen near Brooklyn.
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2010, 04:04 PM by Genet Ram'ser Falco (A.K.A) GrayFox »
We can do this the easy way, or the hard way. Please choose the hard way...

Zammap

• MandoMaker Creator
  • "Go…get…borked"
    • Online portfolio
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: Jan 12, 2010, 02:35 PM »
Oh they've been on sale since they figured out the date. I've already ordered mine and awaiting them in the mail (I have a feeling they might be mailed late cus they don't even have them made yet lol)

But a few months before the con they'll have them for sale at Midtown comics, I suppose that would be the only place you can pay them for cash other then the day of the con. Website doesn't take paypal, only cards.

Canderous Falco

• Photobucket
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: Jan 12, 2010, 05:25 PM »
Okeedokee... What was that site again? I'll have to get on that...

As for being annoying, Mirt'ika, if we can handle talking to Demar, I'm pretty sure we'll be ok with you... :P

jk- we still love you, Demar.... lol

Taglar Dreskk

• Jon Nichols
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:37 AM »
added to mercs calendar

MERC #0008 | MAJIC #0012 | VRCA #0018 | BEARDS #0003
Mercs Codex Review Comittee 2013-Present
Rancor Clan Ruus'alor 2013-Present
Mercs Forum Administrator / Communications Officer 2007-2012
Founding Member of Rancor Clan
37 career invasions

« Reply #26 on: Feb 02, 2010, 02:10 PM »
I'll be coming to this and making sure of it, so are we meeting as a group and doing table duties or anything? I was there last year as well as snake eyes too the short version lol, but yeah it was alot of fun, hope we do get the table i'd be up for working with every1.
« Last Edit: Feb 02, 2010, 02:16 PM by SnakeEyes1 »

Corran Falco

• Im just gonna stand here and keep being awesome!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
    • My facebook page
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: Feb 05, 2010, 07:57 PM »
I might be able to drive up for the day since its only 3 hours away.  I would just need to change in someones room and I would be set.

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: Feb 05, 2010, 08:10 PM »
I'm in .

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
reality is a hologram created by our minds.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

Sinclair Reau

• Big Damn Heroes, sir
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
    • Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: Feb 18, 2010, 07:03 PM »
I was in New York last year with some friends the weekend of the Con and had no idea. lol I was so upset when we went into Midtown comics and found a poster of NYCC.

I'm sure some Firaxan squaddies would love to come.
"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!