Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Author Topic: Anja's WIP soft stuff  (Read 13021 times)

Re: Anja's WIP soft stuff
« Reply #15 on: Sep 25, 2009, 11:50 AM »
Thanks for the advice Kara. I haven't decided on what to use for sidearms, but I had the nite finders laying around... ( If I do mod them then the pull back thing and the bottom tabs will be gone. also would add a longer barrel. basically use them for a base. I've seen some steampunk mods that looked pretty good. They may be more trouble than they're worth though so I might look into something better.)

Right now I'm working on how to do the holsters. I'm trying to figure out how I can get cross draw holsters to work with my belt and kama. I'm also sewing a top and a few more pouches.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: Sep 25, 2009, 12:48 PM »
cross draw holsters sound interesting and i don't think i've seen anyone do any. i look forward too see how they progress.

Dar Kyram

• Kyr'bes'alor
  • Mini-Mack the Mando MacNugget
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault Order of the Ori'Ramikad Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
    • Stories from the Skull King!
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: Oct 01, 2009, 10:06 PM »
Hey, Anja. I know we've been discussing weapon ideas and I hope they work out. :) Your cut has great potential and I hope to see the progress when I get back in two and a half months!

Keep up the hard work, Anj'ika!
I'm Official Merc Member 220!

Check out my stories here!
http://sites.google.com/site/theskullking84/home/stories

Gooble gooble gooble!

« Reply #18 on: Oct 19, 2009, 05:46 PM »
Some updates...

I'm looking into new flightsuit options. I had been planing on sewing a top to match the pants...couldn't match the material and had dye problems....
Same dye, many results. :P

Holster is in the works (with airsoft pistols.) After trying multiple leathers I have found something easy to work with (in light brown.)
Here's a new concept sketch.

Pheonix023

• Almost there....
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: Oct 20, 2009, 05:00 PM »
Some updates...

I'm looking into new flightsuit options. I had been planing on sewing a top to match the pants...couldn't match the material and had dye problems....
Same dye, many results. :P

I know Joanne and the other dune sea girls just got 2 pairs of pants, and then turned one of them into the top...would that work?

« Reply #20 on: Oct 20, 2009, 05:32 PM »
I know Joanne and the other dune sea girls just got 2 pairs of pants, and then turned one of them into the top...would that work?

Good idea! ;D That's funny because I had thought about something similar to that (cutting the bottom of the pants, which are hidden in the boots anyway, to use for short sleeves with another long sleeve shirt underneath.) I didn't think about making a whole shirt though. I actually bought a second pair in case of dye problems because they were so cheap too.  I'm not entirely happy with the pants though, but I think I'll look into it some more.

Edit: I just checked the Dune Sea site and it looks like they used the extra pant's legs to make a elbow length sleeve and then wore a tighter long sleeve shirt underneath. This is a great solution for the meantime if I can't find anything else. Thanks Pheonix for pointing this out!

« Reply #21 on: Oct 31, 2009, 07:57 PM »
I've acquired a set of UnderArmour (HeatGear), which I may use for my flightsuit. Even though it isn't the original color I was looking for I'm leaning toward using these because they are comfortable and two pieces. The girl in me couldn't resist the fact that the colors match my vest. :P  The holsters, belt and pouches in brown leather should balance out all the black.

Oh, and that's only half a kama. ;)

Vhe Oyre

• Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: Oct 31, 2009, 08:46 PM »
:0 That's so awesome! What a score!

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
    • My Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: Nov 01, 2009, 12:52 PM »
Looking Good! ;)

« Reply #24 on: Nov 01, 2009, 06:09 PM »
i agree, looking very good
aliit ori'shya tal'din

Choruk Tracy'ika

• The Nomadic Mando
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: Nov 02, 2009, 01:13 PM »
I love the pants.- awsome

-Vid Sybot-

• Mess with the best die like the rest....
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: Nov 03, 2009, 02:50 PM »
- NICE JOB!

« Reply #27 on: Nov 13, 2009, 01:16 AM »
It's coming a long really well! I love your pants and even your kama (even if it's half!  :P) Nice work! You are farther along than I so I am now looking to you for inspiration!  ;D

« Reply #28 on: Jan 15, 2010, 01:44 PM »
An update....finally!

This was accomplished with scrap leather, a boxcutter, kitchen scissors, lots of chicago screws, and very little expertise.

The holsters will be cut to fit pistols and the straps still need to be attached.

Len'ya Sarsk

• Big Damn Hero
  • Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
    • FaceBook!
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: Jan 15, 2010, 02:12 PM »
I'm seriously loving this. The colors are great.

And those boots, haha, I have a very similar (if not the same) pair that I wear with everything.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!