Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Author Topic: Yorick Helmet WIP  (Read 953 times)

Re: Yorick Helmet WIP
« Reply #15 on: Sep 20, 2014, 04:20 PM »

Now to get the ear caps, I figured out how to give an impression of antenna instead of cannons, I'll have them angled back a few degrees.

« Reply #16 on: Oct 23, 2014, 08:37 PM »
I hope to be finished with the exterior work on the helmet (minus black wash) before halloween! Look forward to showing you the finished product!

« Reply #17 on: Nov 02, 2014, 01:09 AM »
Visor is in!

Having some minor issues with the ear caps, one I feel the paint is too glossy, the other had an interesting issue where the paint sprayed on fuzzy, then dried cracked and didn't seem to like extra coats.

I would like to add some more tint to the visor, in bright rooms (and likely outside) you can see through it from the front, any suggestions as to what % tint to get to darken an already tinted visor?

I got ACH pads inand am now just trying to find the right placement where I can see, put the helemt on and off, and not have my nose touching or bumping the visor.

« Reply #18 on: Nov 08, 2014, 01:06 AM »
One earcap on. One to go. Ordered more magnets today to hopefully get a better hold on them. Tell me what you think so far!  :D

ravonos

• I don't hate people, I think they're delicious.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: Nov 09, 2014, 11:18 PM »
Personally I think the weathering looks too splotchy, not like real paint chipping. I've painted and repainted my helmet/armor 3 times to get the weathering the way I wanted it though because I'm picky. I would also suggest some more surface scratches both before and after black/brown wash. You want to have old dirty scratches but you should also have newer/cleaner damage to give the illusion time.

« Reply #20 on: Nov 10, 2014, 12:15 AM »
Thank you! It's a bit late to redo the splotches, and I'm happy with the way they cam out. I definitely take your advice about the scratches! Thank you so much for the advice!

Sulkon88

• Mandalorian Bounty Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: Nov 10, 2014, 03:44 PM »
Looking good. Just curious cause I've seen that helmet a couple times. What model is it called?
"Blast them, beat them burn them I don't care. Just get them off my ship!" - Jorean Bosch

My Scratchbuild http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=75521.15

« Reply #22 on: Nov 10, 2014, 07:06 PM »
Looking good. Just curious cause I've seen that helmet a couple times. What model is it called?

It's a pre vizsla season 4/5, this one is an eternal armory cast. I've been very pleased with how it can out  ;D.

Thoranios Xast'or

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: Nov 10, 2014, 10:57 PM »
Looking very nice, vod! Loving the color AND the weathering! :D
CAT #0960
M5SP #9     |     B.E.A.R.D.S #73
OM troops: 4     |     UM troops: 1

Recon Wip     |     Heavy/Holdout Blaster

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming an Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!