SO: barrels are all trimmed, bottom support rail attached, both halves have been rejoined, and I am looking into collapsable tripods.
I riveted on the bottom panel of the ammo shelf to include the mounting bracket that helps further secure the ammo cans to the receiver by making sure the entire area is attached so there is no one spot that could flex or bend and cause a gap to appear due to strain.
To join the front and half parts of the reciever I made an 18gauge steel plate to fill the gap, however there is a differance in circumferance between the front and center so I bent some half inch steel conduit so it acts as a spacer.
I also bondo'd the rear where things were starting to open up so this should cement all the loose pieces in place fairly well now that thigns have been riveted together.
The new lower support rail is rectangular steel tube, not solid stock but some kind of furniture hardware or something so it's thin but rigid and strong. Like the handle I chopped it at an angle, screwed a right angle bracket on the inside of the bend, and then brazed the seam and brackets all into one solid piece.
It mounts on the bottom and the part that has the holes in the rail will be where the bracket goes for future tripod mounting.
I had to remove the barrel assembly to JB weld the axle into the chuck like on the last one.
Some wierd stuff is happening with that shroud can thing so I'm going trash the tin and get an 8"stove pipe coupling. The bearing was acting up and some popped out :/
I also got the 3/4" Aluminum hard anodized stock for the barrel rings. I riveted it onto the barrels themself and I'll put some Epoxy Putty to make them look like continuous rings to smooth out. I shaped the rings around my Acetalyne tank and did the final bending by hand while they were being riveted on.
I hotformed the disruptor pistol holster and atm it's drying/hardening.
I'm also making thermal detonator tube thigns for the back of the belt. There will be the top one, clone/stormtrooper style, and then another one on the bottom that will be a warhead core which primes with cranking a dial typa thing that loads a blasting cap to act as the detonator, which is held within a shielded housing like the thermal detonator tubes. It's primarily like a remote high yield explosive: basically like the active component to an anti-aircraft missile warhead. Possible uses include putting it into engine intakes, putting it in people toilets, cutting people's midsecitons open, cramming it inside, stitching them back up, sending them back to their boss, and killing them all. It could also be used to beat people within an inch of their life before dislocating their jaw, cramming the explosive down their throat, and completely obliterating their upper half. More fun uses range from replacing the Appendix with said explosive in botched surgery or stowing it in someone's droid and detonating it at a later date to cause much more collateral damage via shrapnel to nearby beings.
This is the standard thermal detonator tube, it's made of 2" ABS and the endcaps are PVC-I so I jsut mixed up a batch of transition cement by putting ABS glue on the pipe and PVC glue on the caps:
The Warhead Core explosive is made with this waterfilter which fits inside the ABS pipe with a 1-1/2" reducing coupling acting as a buffer, the outer portion is just like the standard tube except one end has this. Pics when it's done.
The tube portion would be the explosive charge and the detonator would be the end of it with the lever/dial type looking thing(which, you would have to prime the blasting cap to arm it and the blasting cap would be in a shielded housing to protect it from stray shots.)